• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA to recall furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This finally fizzled off when most regionals furloughed their junior guys, so please don't start this -9- business again. Do you now fly the 2, or the 7? Why would you call it the 9?

It's bigger than the DC-9-15. Actually I am still mocking the dorks who call it the "9," and agree with what you said. I've only flown the "2," and "7." Sometimes both in the same day....

Word is that ASa is buying Mesa so probably more recalls coming.

Oh, and if ASA is buying Mesa they will only be getting some 700s, and maybe some Deltoid flying. Least that's what I hear....I sure wouldn't want to be a junior ASA pilot that is being integrated with MayyyySaaaaah.

Last edited:
Oh, and if ASA is buying Mesa they will only be getting some 700s, and maybe some Deltoid flying. Least that's what I hear....I sure wouldn't want to be a junior ASA pilot that is being integrated with MayyyySaaaaah.
Airframes only, nothing else would make sense

There wouldn't be an integration. It would only be the assets.

and to answer someones question about the most senior Furlough. 1534 is his number. Im 1544. and there are at least 2 above me that are going to bypass.

There wouldn't be an integration. It would only be the assets.

and to answer someones question about the most senior Furlough. 1534 is his number. Im 1544. and there are at least 2 above me that are going to bypass.

I thought it was 1536, or is that due to the fact that the seniority list and the furlough list don't match? Either way congrats!

Last edited:
42 recalls but only 12 vacancies for FO's and Capt's. With 4 70's, I figured 15-20 slots for the 70, but there are only 10. Where is everyone going to go?

42 recalls but only 12 vacancies for FO's and Capt's. With 4 70's, I figured 15-20 slots for the 70, but there are only 10. Where is everyone going to go?

Maybe we're that short on FOs? More upgrades will come. I speculate we'll lose at least 20 Captains to Delta along with the 20 Captains going to Vietnam. Add 4 RJs and we'll see 60 numbers of movement, but this all happening in Fall hints that we may not see the movement immediately.

But, who knows. More airplanes on top of the "4" could change everything. Has anyone heard that Delta wants to sell compass to get rid of their flow through? Delta is Northwest, why would they want to kill their 'baby?' I can understand Comair, but Compass?

Last edited:
Maybe we're that short on FOs? More upgrades will come. I speculate we'll lose at least 20 Captains to Delta along with the 20 Captains going to Vietnam. Add 4 RJs and we'll see 60 numbers of movement, but this all happening in Fall hints that we may not see the movement immediately.

But, who knows. More airplanes on top of the "4" could change everything. Has anyone heard that Delta wants to sell compass to get rid of their flow through? Delta is Northwest, why would they want to kill their 'baby?' I can understand Comair, but Compass?

The premerger Delta pilot group never wanted a written flow through agreement with anyone. Compass and Mesaba both have flow through rights to mainline as of now, but who's to say that doesn't change soon. If Delta owns Compass, they can directly use that as leverage against mainline, and it may seem smart to hold on to them, but if they want to get rid of a flow through, the solution would be to sell it off in pieces or certificate included.

A written flow through adversely affects the hiring process when it comes to hiring from pilot groups/backgrounds said carrier wants to hire from. If Delta's last hiring wave was made up of roughly 60% ASA pilots, and they wanted to continue that trend, I doubt they would be able to get a written agreement stating they'd hire 50% ASA and the rest from other groups. If they don't have a flow through, they can just hire who they want, no matter what seniority number they have or which seat they currently occupy.

CAL's agreement with XJet restricted them from hiring in seniority order, it didn't allow their recruiters to handpick the pilots they wanted. AAL's flow through/back with Eagle was similar.

That is the min number. If they want to put more into any seat they can, but they have to place at least 12.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back