• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA to recall furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lotsa guys are gaming the jeepers out of this bid, trying to see how close they will be to getting off reserve. The new reality of reserve is very much a game changer.

It would be quite funny if the company had to junior man into Captain slots. It most likely won't happen, but the level of reserve suckness has changed things.

True dat! IAD just got a lot more senior on the FO side after this month's base swaps. I'm not chancing goin for a line when I know there wills be tons of atl reserve guys sitting at the computer 5 min before the bid closes making a last minute decision. Returning to ATL and hopefully some 9am CMF

Reserve has never been thought of as an infinite proposition. Thanks again, geezers.

Shut your mouth hippy before I bust you with my walker!!

Shut your mouth hippy before I bust you with my walker!!

I kinda misrepresented myself in the name of trying to be humorous.

I don't have a philosophical problem with folks being allowed to fly until they can no longer hold a medical. I do strongly oppose, however, the way that this situation was handled by the collective managements, the FAA, and the respective labor unions. Quietly, when it became apparent that the people most affected by this were those who were the least powerful politically, it became a fait accompli that nothing would be done to mitigate the negative impact on the careers of the overwhelming vast majority of pilots in 121 positions.

Look, you (in the third person plural) knew getting into commercial aviation that 60 was the limit for 121 ops. If the rule changes and you are now interested in staying until 65, fine. Do it from the right seat, however. Give someone else a chance to move up the exact same ladder with the exact same career expectations that you had when you took the job.

Geezers are great to fly with, however. They usually have the best stories.

If the rule changes and you are now interested in staying until 65, fine. Do it from the right seat, however. Give someone else a chance to move up the exact same ladder with the exact same career expectations that you had when you took the job.

We have all had our "career expectations" adjusted in one way or another in the past ten years. I shall make a right-seat-after-60 pledge when many many other pledges are made and kept at numerous levels in our chosen field. With that in mind, I'm not to worried about having to make that pledge.

While I too have been skulled by the 60 rule, I am smart enough to know it was a stupid rule in the first place. 65 is not much smarter, but it is smarter.

And by the way, holding someone else responsible for one's unfulfilled career expectations stinks of welfare state drivel.

Man up!!!...You Hippie!

(note: I correctly spelled hippie this time)
:)

Last edited:
We have all had our "career expectations" adjusted in one way or another in the past ten years. I shall make a right-seat-after-60 pledge when many many other pledges are made and kept at numerous levels in our chosen field. With that in mind, I'm not to worried about having to make that pledge.

While I too have been skulled by the 60 rule, I am smart enough to know it was a stupid rule in the first place. 65 is not much smarter, but it is smarter.

And by the way, holding someone else responsible for one's unfulfilled career expectations stinks of welfare state drivel.

Man up!!!...You Hippie!

(note: I correctly spelled hippie this time)
:)

Okey, dokey, just me an my silly hippie ideas... (said in my best Eric Cartman voice)

Nah, no welfare state drivel here. Fair is fair, and that's not what we got. Lessons learned and life goes on. All politics are local, and I think that most people's opinion on this issues is directly related to their proximity to their 60th birthday...or the number of stripes on their shoulder.

Latest resources

Back