ASA TA vote NO?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

socrates1

I am surprised by managements current offer. It seems good right now. However, management called for the last negotiation session, and then came to the table ready to meet most of our request. I hope our safety campaign had something to do with it. Maybe Delta pressured them into reaching a deal. There are many things in the TA that we haven't seen yet. We will, of course, see them prior to voting on it. Alpa wanted trip and duty rigs per day. Management wanted them to be a monthly average. A monthly average will not increase our paychecks. It needs to be day for day. The profit sharing has yet to be defined. Is it the current performance plus, or is it a pilot defined profit sharing. I know we will see this prior to a vote, but I think management wants this signed. Maybe they need a cost structure to bid for additional flying. Maybe it's another underlying issue. Either way, we might have some additional leverage right now. If we were to turn it down, will they come back with a better offer? Management just seemed very eager to get this done now after five plus years.

This TA was agreed to OUTSIDE of a release. That's a very good thing at this point. Yes, we should ALL look thouroughly at the terms contained in the TA rather than rubber stamping it. To reject it simply because you are "suspicious" about why management came out of the blue to get it done is absurd however. You are probably correct to suspect something's up with our parent company, but if the agreement is acceptable to our demands.....then...uh...it is. You don't "up the price" just because willing to pay what you actually asked for.

As for your suspicions, they are probably warranted. Word on the street is Scotty is telling recurrent ground that they are preparing for a major collapse by another regional carrier. (probably Mesa) Either way, Jerry has "plans" that require a valid contract be in place

Here is what I heard.
Profit Sharing not performance plus-75% Based on company profits, 25% based on performance.
I believe trip rigs are per day.

Why all the excitement? Have a look at it, pay attention at the roadshows, ask questions, and get answers.

It's a TA. Get over it. And don't vote YES just because we finally got one.

Geek master

I'm glad you find my suspicions warranted. However, I do not yet know if the current TA meets our demands. I think we need to be cautious still.

DEMAND MORE MONEY!!!
$.90 IS A JOKE!
No wonder management loves it.

Make a clause that is management gets a bonus or raise, so do all pilots!

Mr Rick

I will admit that I have not looked at the FO rates. If it truly is $0.90 an hour, than I feel as if we should say no. I don't want to hang my FO's out to dry. However, as a nine year 200 captain, I will go from $68.xx/hr to $84.xx/hour in the next three years. I think that is acceptable. As for the rest of contract, that is yet to be seen.

Mr Rick

I will admit that I have not looked at the FO rates. If it truly is $0.90 an hour, than I feel as if we should say no. I don't want to hang my FO's out to dry. However, as a nine year 200 captain, I will go from $68.xx/hr to $84.xx/hour in the next three years. I think that is acceptable. As for the rest of contract, that is yet to be seen.
So what will be acceptable to sell your FO's out, just to get what you need? 9 Year captain making $84/hr is a little light in a drawls.
Like I said before, They want to give you a couple more bucks an hour, and you get all giggly, thinking you've hit it big time.
The regionals do all the work, why not get paid for it? We're the ones doing 5-legs a day for 5 days a week.

Latest resources

Back