• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Asa Strike Vote!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
:mad:skydud: YOU of all people should be on our side! If things go well for us it is only going to help you!! Obviously you have been too blind to realize what is happening here....not that it is your fault and all....oh wait....50-99 seat pay one rate, YEAH, IT IS YOUR FAULT!!
Jack Ass go back to sleep and SHUT IT!
MELIT: Go back to your boardroom and hold hands with your mgmnt PUKES! You are the very essence that is eating away at this industry! DckWeed!
Crashpad: I would, and I have been here 8 years. We have to make a stand or end up taking the sandpaper fisted treatment daily! Oh wait, that is already happening.:eek:
We should all look at the Delta Pilots. They are about to stand up and say ENOUGH is ENOUGH! All ALPA brothers should stand up and just SHUT this country down for a couple of days and see what happens NEXT!!:uzi:

propjockey said:
Disclaimer: My knowledge about the NMB and the legalities of going on strike is limited.

That being said, I find it hard to believe the NMB would release ASA pilots for a strike with a brand new owner. Logic suggests that the previous three years of negotiations are not relevant to the current situation. After all, it certainly isn't SkyWest, Inc. that's been dragging its feet in negotiations all this time. Patience is required to see how things will evolve. The winds of change seem unusually unpredictable lately.

>>"My knowledge about the NMB and the legalities of going on strike is limited."<< You are correct. Limited is a stretch at best.

Last edited:
:bawling:Don't worry R2Dcup, when you have that burning sensation, just think about those "Large Thighs" that were over you the night before...and when it shrivels up and falls off, YOU WILL KNOW IT!!:eek:

propjockey said:
Join the club. I don't doubt anything you say. In today's adversarial environment, I would expect nothing less than stall tactics. Your situation at ASA is precisely why I'm a little concerned about a small, but militant faction beating the ALPA drum here at SkyWest. I know "you're only as strong as your MEC" ad naseum, but I don't think any kind of negative labor action is productive in the current environment. I'm convinced that ALPA membership would gain us nothing but the medical/legal protection, which I hear is quite good (maybe worth the 2% we'd have to pay for it?).

The principles taught in Getting to Yes (a book about the art of negotiation that strongly emphasizes the importance of finding a win/win scenario) should be required reading -- no -- should be surgically implanted in the minds of all management and labor groups. Sadly, not many people in this world are able to rise above petty human nature for very long. It's not surprising that greed should be one of the seven deadly sins, is it? Corporate greed and short-sighted management focused solely on quick gains for major shareholders at the expense of company longevity and employee morale has infected this country like a plague. Personally, I see no end in sight. Where is your leverage in this environment? The NWA mechanics strike went down in flames. I doubt any pilot strike would be any more effective at the present time.

Well the PPO is better than an HMO and the legal protection, well, is SKYW going to supply that aviation lawyer when you are called in by the FAA for cert. action?

The "Getting To Yes" book is over rated. Unless your using the IBB process and both sides are committed to the process.

It seems to me that there is a lack of knowledge in the area of "strike votes" and the history of strikes. The strike vote is an important tool in the box. Some times even more important than the strike it self.

In this environment, I'm not sure that we should want a speedy contract resolution.

Times are tough so at best, we won't get much and we'll be locked into a contract for at least 5 years or so.

If we did get a good contract, the odds are good that we'd end up being replaced by Mesa or some other bottom feeder a la Air Whiskey. (Do you feel like picking up stakes and moving the entire operation to Detroit, Memphis or MSP to trade with Mesaba?)

BTW Skystud, your avatar is the most disturbing that I have ever seen. Bar none.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back