• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Asa Strike Vote!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Texx, it wasn't necessary to be rude. You'd think it was a prerequisite for posting on this board. Sheesh! I admitted before commenting that my knowledge of the NMB/striking was limited, but it isn't necessary to attempt to paint me as a moron. I have been a member of the Teamsters before, so I am not completely without knowledge of the subject.

Opinion: (which obviously may be wrong), if ASA pilots were to go on strike, ASA would cease to exist as an airline.

Fact: The industry would likely be better off with one fewer regional carrier.

Now, at the risk of painting myself as a moron... ;)

jehtplane, I've been meaning to ask -- what is that thing in your avatar?

For all you out there that thing ASA pilot are asking for an industry leading contract are way off base. You think we are looking for huge pay raise? Look again.
What we at ASA are looking for is the industry standard at just about everywhere. We are basicly asking for almost exactly what Skywest already has, minus the single pay rate.
I personally don't think now is the time to strike. I don't doubt that Skywest needs too look at why ASA sucks so bad at everything. However NOW is the time to start taking things into our own hand, EVEN if it F's with the overnight. Something broke? Something missing? Write it up. New stations to conserve fuel by not running the APU? Sart it anyway. 4 Deg descents? How about 2 deg? Talk to those who were there dealing with the company in 98. Listen to what they had to do. And it took them over 3 years too.

propjockey said:
Texx, it wasn't necessary to be rude. You'd think it was a prerequisite for posting on this board. Sheesh! I admitted before commenting that my knowledge of the NMB/striking was limited, but it isn't necessary to attempt to paint me as a moron. I have been a member of the Teamsters before, so I am not completely without knowledge of the subject.

Opinion: (which obviously may be wrong), if ASA pilots were to go on strike, ASA would cease to exist as an airline.

Fact: The industry would likely be better off with one fewer regional carrier.

Now, at the risk of painting myself as a moron... ;)

jehtplane, I've been meaning to ask -- what is that thing in your avatar?

Me rude? You'll know it when it happens jr.

I agree with those that think patience is in order. After all, it has just been a few months since the purchase. It takes time for the results of the buyout to filter down.

I am very interested to see what changes come our way, and I think many will be for the best. Sure, there are things that need to be fixed, but striking so soon after a change in ownership does absolutely no good. If you want to be out of a job, strike.

Don't get me wrong, action may need to be taken in the future, but those with level heads will prevail. Let's all wait and see what changes happen, and wait to see how the new management deals with the challenges presented to them.

A

I agree With everyone else. I think ASA is Crazy for pickiting in this economy. Here people are losing jobs and ASA is asking for a pay raise you should just be happy you have a job. Some people are so greedy.

It's fairly simple, guys. Stay safe.

Fly exactly by the book. Don't bust any regs, don't do anything stupid. Simply fly exactly by the book.

Write the times exactly as they are, verify with FCC if you think the times may be misrepresented. If they were, write up a RIF and request a reply.

If it's broke, write it up. If it's not broke, don't.

If you're fatigued or sick, call in as per the FAR's. If the company tries to discipline you for complying with the FAR's call the CP and then the FAA.

Everyone stay careful out there.

JassBuff said:
I agree With everyone else. I think ASA is Crazy for pickiting in this economy. Here people are losing jobs and ASA is asking for a pay raise you should just be happy you have a job. Some people are so greedy.

Don't pretend to know what you're talking about. I work for compensation. Nothing else.

ASA FA's?

I love my job, I tapped 4 FA's in the past week.

Hey! When you get some femail FA's, let us know! Then we will be a little more interested.:pimp:

Any villages our there missing an idiot?

Tomct said:
:mad:skydud: YOU of all people should be on our side! If things go well for us it is only going to help you!! Obviously you have been too blind to realize what is happening here....not that it is your fault and all....oh wait....50-99 seat pay one rate, YEAH, IT IS YOUR FAULT!!
Jack Ass go back to sleep and SHUT IT!
MELIT: Go back to your boardroom and hold hands with your mgmnt PUKES! You are the very essence that is eating away at this industry! DckWeed!
Crashpad: I would, and I have been here 8 years. We have to make a stand or end up taking the sandpaper fisted treatment daily! Oh wait, that is already happening.:eek:
We should all look at the Delta Pilots. They are about to stand up and say ENOUGH is ENOUGH! All ALPA brothers should stand up and just SHUT this country down for a couple of days and see what happens NEXT!!:uzi:

Tomct- You're very naive if you think a big new contract for ASA will help SKW pilots get a better contract. It will simply send more flying and A/C our way vis a vis the bean counters. We're separate and will remain so for years if not indefinitely, and our involvement with ALPA is nowhere near certain. I'm told our contract with Delta dictates that we (SKW Inc.) remain the second lowest in terms of cost in 5 years or the contract can be terminated. With Mesa and Comair floating around in the Delta system, where will that leave SKW and ASA? That's right, you'll be hearing sound bites of us talking up our wonderful 06' agreements, similar to the ones you hear about Comair's "industry leading pay" right now as they fall deeper into the abyss. That's reality. Unless we are ALL united under one banner (a pipe dream), the lowest of the bottom feeders will continue to redefine the bottom line.

Look, we dont at ASA thnk we are going to get industry leading anything. We just want to get the industry standard QOL issues in our long expired contract! We need to get our scheduling system brought up to what every other carrier seems to have. We have no reserve system, and we have ZERO control over our lives and schedules. We have to fight for at least some CONTROL, as our crack mgmnt staff refuses to give us any! How many of you have basically no control but the whim of some scheduler to control your life? How many other regionals have no seniority reserve system? We know the pay rates wont improve much, despite cost of living increasing, because of the state of the airline industry. We know the crappy rates everyone else has, either because they agreed to them (Mesa, CHQ) or they are forced on them (Comair).
But we need to demand the company give us some control. Why cant open time, or swaps/drops be computerized like it seems everyone else has?
No, we must submit, only during certain hours to find our request denied for "coverage"! I dont want to price my company out of existence, therefor pricing myself out of a job........But I do want more control over my life, and a fair way to call reserve pilots. I want an ASAP program, and the vague language in my contract that allows the company to reinturprate my contract to their whims cleaned up, and I want the company to negotiate with my CNC fairly!

Latest resources

Back