• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Staffed Adequately??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Our contract looks good on the outside. But with all the loopholes, the only reason we havent been abused more is really due to management wanting to foster relations with the pilot group. It has nothing to do with the contract. The only thing the contract can do effectively is help wreckless senior do***e bags keep their jobs. No matter how many sims it takes to get a V1 cut within loose standards.

The contract is only as good as the company that is willing to honor it. We have a good example of both in this case. But we'll see how you think when that contract is all that stands between you and either lost or the street.

I didn't get my point across properly, and Data, you seem to have misinterpreted it. I don't think we are understaffed. Where did I say we were? I think we should raise line values. My frustrations have to do simply with the fact that it is impossible to break guarantee because of contract language, and so we have no real motivation to work our butts off on reserve. Lately I have worked every day of reserve for 75 hours of pay. I can "credit" 90 hours, but wont see any of that money unless I block over 75 hours of pay. And with 15 hour 4 days, it seals the deal. Our contract was written with the well-being of senior guys in mind. Can anyone tell me why reserves who credit 90 hours should not make 90 hours of pay?

My comment about senior d0ouche bags had nothing to do with being jealous of their seniority. I could never be jealous of someone who spent the past 20 years flying to Buttfu king Egypt and back 4 times a day. You missed a very clear point.

We are still overstaffed, I just think that the company should raise line values to ease the load on reserves who wont break guarantee anyway. JPs email was a crock of sh t. To say that they are keeping reserve coverage low partly to allow people to build hours is nonsense. They are not doing this with our best interests in mind.

Can anyone tell me why reserves who credit 90 hours should not make 90 hours of pay?

What are you talking about? If you credit 90 hours on reserve, you are paid 90 hours. It makes no difference what your block is. The only thing that requires 75 hours of block is to get 3.75 for every day on reserve that you didn't "work".

What are you talking about? If you credit 90 hours on reserve, you are paid 90 hours. It makes no difference what your block is. The only thing that requires 75 hours of block is to get 3.75 for every day on reserve that you didn't "work".

Exactly if you are talking about ASA you get paid for what you credit. Block has nothing to do with it.

Yeah my mistake. I was told that by a colleague recently and I apparently misunderstood what he meant. Having never broken guarantee on reserve it didnt really click as right or wrong to me.

I didn't get my point across properly, and Data, you seem to have misinterpreted it. I don't think we are understaffed. Where did I say we were? I think we should raise line values. My frustrations have to do simply with the fact that it is impossible to break guarantee because of contract language, and so we have no real motivation to work our butts off on reserve. Lately I have worked every day of reserve for 75 hours of pay. I can "credit" 90 hours, but wont see any of that money unless I block over 75 hours of pay. And with 15 hour 4 days, it seals the deal. Our contract was written with the well-being of senior guys in mind. Can anyone tell me why reserves who credit 90 hours should not make 90 hours of pay?

My comment about senior d0ouche bags had nothing to do with being jealous of their seniority. I could never be jealous of someone who spent the past 20 years flying to Buttfu king Egypt and back 4 times a day. You missed a very clear point.

We are still overstaffed, I just think that the company should raise line values to ease the load on reserves who wont break guarantee anyway. JPs email was a crock of sh t. To say that they are keeping reserve coverage low partly to allow people to build hours is nonsense. They are not doing this with our best interests in mind.
I will explain this so you can understand it...ok. Brad has a mania as it relates to the reserve concept.
Brad hates and loves reserves at the same time. He loves the ability to work a pilot without regards to most of the contract work rules that lineholders enjoy. Brad also hates the concept of paying pilots to stay home and do nothing. Hence your lack of ability to break guarantee, and flying 74.99 hrs a month.
The bucket system is one of Brads early masterpieces he "pioneered" at SKYW, we hated it and still do to this date.
I am not sure where your "entitlement" towards breaking guarantee comes from, does your contract guarantee the ability to break guarantee, of course it does, that very same contract allows the company to shift reserve flying around to prevent you from breaking guarantee, unless they need you bad enough.
Brad will continue to remove cash from your pocket one little bit at a time, you will notice, but will not get mad enough to put your beer down and do anything except complain on F/I.
Brad is a Master of "death by a thousand cuts" , his cloaking device is having been a "line pilot", except the last time he was an average "line pilot" was in the Metro.
Enjoy him! Glad he is your problem and not ours any longer.
PBr

I will explain this so you can understand it...ok. Brad has a mania as it relates to the reserve concept.
Brad hates and loves reserves at the same time. He loves the ability to work a pilot without regards to most of the contract work rules that lineholders enjoy. Brad also hates the concept of paying pilots to stay home and do nothing. Hence your lack of ability to break guarantee, and flying 74.99 hrs a month.
The bucket system is one of Brads early masterpieces he "pioneered" at SKYW, we hated it and still do to this date.
I am not sure where your "entitlement" towards breaking guarantee comes from, does your contract guarantee the ability to break guarantee, of course it does, that very same contract allows the company to shift reserve flying around to prevent you from breaking guarantee, unless they need you bad enough.
Brad will continue to remove cash from your pocket one little bit at a time, you will notice, but will not get mad enough to put your beer down and do anything except complain on F/I.
Brad is a Master of "death by a thousand cuts" , his cloaking device is having been a "line pilot", except the last time he was an average "line pilot" was in the Metro.
Enjoy him! Glad he is your problem and not ours any longer.
PBr

Do you guys at Skywest still have to fake your mothers death to get out of a scheduling jam? hahahahaha.... hahahahahah. hahahaha

Understaffed, uh yeah...

They are understaffed... The word is that there has been a lot of sick calls lately and do to ASA being so understaffed sometimes flights cannot be operated due to lack of reserve coverage.

Word came down from the top from SH/CT for the Chief Pilots office to begin strictly enforcing the attendance policy. Rumor I heard was that like 20 plus 19 B disciplinary hearing letters were sent out last week for people with excessive occurrence's. I guess threatening people with their jobs are supposed to improve moral.

Anyone here know if punitive attendance policies are legal particularly when you can prove that you were sick, i.e. doctors note.

i'm still waiting on someone to tell me the block hours we fly today versus a year or two ago. where is the data?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back