ASA Staffed Adequately??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jetracer5

I can't believe they even sent us that email? Because we can't trade any trips, Our QOL sucks, and we don't have enough reserves apparently means we are staffed perfectly. Plus we have been canceling flights for lack of crews! Am I the only one that thinks this means we are a bit understaffed? How about we recall until we are down to 2-3 red arrow days a month. Then I will say we are adequately staffed. I mean we only really need to recall about 20-30 or less to eliminate this problem!

I asked CT directly this question in RGT two weeks ago and he said absolutely none.

I had no proof, but I didnt agree with him.

I have to agree from a business standpoint that as long as we are not canceling flights and losing money from it, they are dead on.

Is it perfect for us as pilots, no.

Medeco

It is a created staffing issue. They socialize as much as they can to make the numbers look adequate but when weather rolls in or a race happens, they run very short very quickly.

Red arrow days affect morale, and morale causes flight crews to disengage from the operation, affecting performance. They won't fix it until performance is affected. And if it comes down to fixng red arrow days or risking performance, they'll fix the red arrow days.

The real prolem isn't the staffing numbers, it's scheduling's inability to manage their resources (us) competently. And I believe mgmt knows that is the problem. But the fact is, performance is good and so there is no reason to make any changes.

PBS will have you guys overstaffed[/QUOT

Perhaps, but irrelevant given our contract.

Hopefully it will mean a painless productivity boost which will bring furloughs back sooner, when the old farts start to retire.

The idea is to not further shrink the airline without taking 'race to the bottom' concessions.

I'll get back to you in ten years on how it works out. Or maybe you'll read my rants on this board. I don't know yet.

Last edited:
If it is only six months they will not hire and probably will not recall unless there is a significant award for more flying. PBS is efficient, very efficient.

I would say it cuts staffing requirements by at least 10%

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back