• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA slowing down?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Im not sure about overstaffed, I just got off IOE and was given a green line of 86 BLOCK hrs for March. While I was in training they were telling me new hire ATR guys were flying 8-20hrs a month.

And whom at ASA told you that you have a "green line"?....

Wind Check!

Um...........No.

Sorry. Nothing ever in the pipeline for ASA. Anyway, if there is anything to get, be certain Skywest will keep it for their side.

Genus I was thinking exactly the same thing. 79% is doesn't make sense to me that Skywest would buy ASA just to shrink it and make Skywest bigger. I would think it would cost more for Skywest to have those planes in their small ATL base than ASA in our large and only base.

Genus I was thinking exactly the same thing. 79% is doesn't make sense to me that Skywest would buy ASA just to shrink it and make Skywest bigger. I would think it would cost more for Skywest to have those planes in their small ATL base than ASA in our large and only base.

And you've been at ASA for how long?

Isn't that what they call it when they fill your schedule after IOE when you missed the bid period?

No. It's called building a line from open time. And if your not availible for a min. of 50% of the month you cannot bid for a line of flying.

No. It's called building a line from open time. And if your not availible for a min. of 50% of the month you cannot bid for a line of flying.

Someone told me it was a green line lol. Aight, I was given an open time line of 86 hrs for March:D

79% is doesn't make sense to me that Skywest would buy ASA just to shrink it and make Skywest bigger. I would think it would cost more for Skywest to have those planes in their small ATL base than ASA in our large and only base.

That is precicely why they will grow their ATL operation, to reduce it's costs. Why go to the expense of adding 900's to ASA's fleet (Training, maint, manuals, etc) when they already have the program on the SKYW side? More 900's in ATL mean lower costs for SKYW. Sorry, despite what everyone thought would happen after the contract was signed, I think ASA missed the boat on the 900's, or any additional flying.

That is precicely why they will grow their ATL operation, to reduce it's costs. Why go to the expense of adding 900's to ASA's fleet (Training, maint, manuals, etc) when they already have the program on the SKYW side? More 900's in ATL mean lower costs for SKYW. Sorry, despite what everyone thought would happen after the contract was signed, I think ASA missed the boat on the 900's, or any additional flying.
From what I've been told ASA actually already has a -900 program. In fact we had it before Skywest. Very easy to add the airplanes to our fleet, no sim, just one day of differences and mx is very similar to the -700 with only small differences (engines, additional fwd cargo door). We could bring in -900's with little effort.

From what I've been told ASA actually already has a -900 program. In fact we had it before Skywest. Very easy to add the airplanes to our fleet, no sim, just one day of differences and mx is very similar to the -700 with only small differences (engines, additional fwd cargo door). We could bring in -900's with little effort.

We can go steal that Pinnacle 900 that's always sitting over by the old Northwest hangar in ATL.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back