• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA slowing down?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anybody else notice that the MAX/MIN numbers for the CR7 on the preliminary awards has been steadily going up? Used to be around 189 for CPTs (Dec.) but on this last prelim it is up to 210. Another 21 CPTs with no additional airplanes. Could this indicate something in the pipeline? A big announcement for a boat load of CR7/9s coming our way?!?!?!

Things that make you go "Huh?"

I hope so but I believe we are supposed to get 2 more Comair -700's in April. Could this be why?

On top of that, PREMIUM is announced for the end of Feb for the ATR/50 guys. (?!?!?)

The premium is for the 700 and the ATR, not the 50.

And I believe BM stated that this last prelim was just a interim award and not part of the normal award cycle.

5 70/(90) captain awards on the last prelim. No other vacancies.

On top of that, PREMIUM is announced for the end of Feb for the ATR/50 guys. (?!?!?)

ATR FO, once dramatically overstaffed, now has significantly fewer pilots.

Mean anything? Seems contradictory.

That premium pay is only covering 4 days. We're still plenty overstaffed on the ATR; very few people have actually left for training. I assume there is an unusual issue with carry-over conflicts, integration, or something. Otherwise it doesn't make any sense. Not that ASA needs a sensible reason to do anything...

I heard this CR7 only prelim is an add in too. The real prelim will come out in a couple of weeks as they normally do around the 15th of the month.

Relax.

AAAHHH Capt. Tony's. One of my favorite hang outs

I have several business cards stapled in that place!!!

Anybody else notice that the MAX/MIN numbers for the CR7 on the preliminary awards has been steadily going up? Used to be around 189 for CPTs (Dec.) but on this last prelim it is up to 210. Another 21 CPTs with no additional airplanes. Could this indicate something in the pipeline? A big announcement for a boat load of CR7/9s coming our way?!?!?!

Things that make you go "Huh?"

Um...........No.

Sorry. Nothing ever in the pipeline for ASA. Anyway, if there is anything to get, be certain Skywest will keep it for their side.

SLC is right around the corner. No base. Just flying out of there again.

Absolutely!! Weight restricted 50s out of CVG. :nuts: I kiiiiid... sort of...

no it'll be ok... we'll go with 25 seats filled to and from SLC... kind of like CID, ICT and IAH but longer.

In all honesty I would love to fly out of SLC (for ASA), absolutely gorgeous out there.

(Talk about a roller coaster of emotion!) :rolleyes:

Last edited:
still overstaffed. BM sent an email sayin ATR FOs arent goin anywhere till after august. the prelim is always baloney, you know that.

Im not sure about overstaffed, I just got off IOE and was given a green line of 86 BLOCK hrs for March. While I was in training they were telling me new hire ATR guys were flying 8-20hrs a month.

Latest resources

Back