• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA/SkyWest in ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
so what are the rates for this override?

Glad it at least came, shoot before this Gojets was flying 70's for the same rates.

Hello Newman-

Are you really such a jerk in person? A$$wipe huh?

You get satisfaction from a 70/90 override, but overlook the dishonor that occured when the 18 month deal you "voted in" was extended without your "vote." A Federally recognized binding contract (ALPA provides) would have compelled Skywest to act according to the 18 month agreement. If they failed to honor that agreement, the union would have pursued legal recourse. What is you recourse for having been deceived?

Unions are not our savior, but they do provide stability in our working conditions with our employer.

We will see COLA, another raise before 2010 for a couple of reasons. One SGU does not want a union as much as the pilot group does not want one. Two ASA and a couple other groups will probably have a contract long before then thus giving us more leverage. Three they will see in the long run that keeping us happy keeps a union away and thus a COLA/extra payraise is just what the doctor ordered.

The penalty box is great for extra pay. Ive gotten hours of Appendix D time this year.

Wow you're such a fukking expert on what to expect and you've been with the airline how long? All those guys with 10 or more years in must be clueless.
Pilots being a bunch of apathetic spineless wimps has pretty much convinced SGU they have nothing to fear in the union department. All they have to do is keep hiring kool aid slugging FO's like you to keep the numbers in their favor. SGU has no fear of ALPA because the pilot group is one of the most sissified out there. They've proven it time and time again.

Hello Newman-

You get satisfaction from a 70/90 override, but overlook the dishonor that occured when the 18 month deal you "voted in" was extended without your "vote." A Federally recognized binding contract (ALPA provides) would have compelled Skywest to act according to the 18 month agreement. If they failed to honor that agreement, the union would have pursued legal recourse. What is you recourse for having been deceived?

Unions are not our savior, but they do provide stability in our working conditions with our employer.

When did ASA's contract become amendable? Im pretty sure it was AFTER SKW 18- month T.A. expired.

Hello Newman-

Is ASA still operating under the terms of the previous contract? And it expired how long ago? What recourse do they have for not getting a new contract?

Originally Posted by ASAFOE120
Just wait. ATL can top that. Not a cloud in the sky 2 weeks ago and we arrived 5 mins early. But we sat and waited 1 hour and 6 mins for a gate. No weather no nothing. Just no gates!

Just like ORD. This is nothing new.

It might not be a new thing, but it's still a pain in the arse.

When did ASA's contract become amendable? Im pretty sure it was AFTER SKW 18- month T.A. expired.

I do not recall when Skywest mgmt lied to the Skywest pilot group. However, what are you getting at?

Is ASA still operating under the terms of the previous contract? And it expired how long ago? What recourse do they have for not getting a new contract?

Yes. It did not expire. Since I'm picking up on your sarcasm I'll offer some of my own to you: "Oh, allow me to retort." The recourse we have is happening as we speak. You are not making a valid comparison. I think you are saying that Skywest had to wait just like we are waiting. The difference is in the time stated. There is nothing written contratually that says they must negotiate a new contract in a given time; whereas, Skywest said after 18 months they would give a new rate. Am I incorrect? Have I assumed too much? Maybe you should do some remedial reading in labor relations and the Federal Railway Labor Act. Then again, maybe I should too.

That would be the 100% back pay that we will be getting...otherwise NO DEAL!!:mad:

I do not recall when Skywest mgmt lied to the Skywest pilot group. However, what are you getting at?

Yes. It did not expire. Since I'm picking up on your sarcasm I'll offer some of my own to you: "Oh, allow me to retort." The recourse we have is happening as we speak. You are not making a valid comparison. I think you are saying that Skywest had to wait just like we are waiting. The difference is in the time stated. There is nothing written contratually that says they must negotiate a new contract in a given time; whereas, Skywest said after 18 months they would give a new rate. Am I incorrect? Have I assumed too much? Maybe you should do some remedial reading in labor relations and the Federal Railway Labor Act. Then again, maybe I should too.

You're right, it was sarcasm. I was not saying SkyWest had to wait, but mgt made them wait. The 18-month agreement that went past that was recently amended. Until then, the previous terms were in effect just like yours that expired over 4 years ago. Both groups are at the mercy of what mgt will give. I also don't buy that taking that long to hammer out a new contract is simply how the RLA works either. Most do because we have to see who will blink first. Many contracts are extended prior to expiring.

Since this thread has ALSO gone off topic.....

Anyone also noted that SkyWest flights are operating with ASA's flight numbers? At least out of IAH a couple days ago they were.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back