• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA/SkyWest in ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Back to the original reason for this thread... I believe the 80% guarantee was based on us meeting certain performance requirements. We didn't meet them and now we don't get it.

Guys and gals......knock off the name calling now please.

From the flight info far's:

- Disparaging posts are normal; people have different opinions and conflict is inevitable, including seemingly stupid, vile, immature offensive personal attacks and remarks. Calling someone “stupid” is not grounds for censorship, and these posts will not normally be edited. However, posts may not include references to racist, religious, sexual or threatening content.
- If you have a thin skin, don’t post. If you do, remember that there are many diverse opinions on this board and you may well encounter a scathing attack on yours. Don’t take it too personally. Logic and a civil tone seems to work best when debating a subject, and it helps you gain respect during the course of your participation on the forums.

How is the ALPA drive progressing at skywest?

Given the amount of time it's taking to get the desired number of cards back, I'd have to say "NOT TOO GOOD!".

I've spoken to many pilots that want the ALPA vote- so they can vote no and the drive will be over with no more mutterings of ALPA.

I hate to hear this as I firmly believe that the survival of ASA with any improvements in work conditions/rules is contingent on the unionization of SkyWest. No SkyWest ALPA= no real progress for the regional industry.

Given the amount of time it's taking to get the desired number of cards back, I'd have to say "NOT TOO GOOD!".

I've spoken to many pilots that want the ALPA vote- so they can vote no and the drive will be over with no more mutterings of ALPA.

I hate to hear this as I firmly believe that the survival of ASA with any improvements in work conditions/rules is contingent on the unionization of SkyWest. No SkyWest ALPA= no real progress for the regional industry.

And there you have it folks, people want skywest to get Alpa for 1 reason only and that is to weaken skywests ability to bid on future flying.

This is also what I have heard. They have barely got enough cards back to hold a vote. They may not even have enough to hold a vote. Whatever the case may be they should just hold an election and get it over with. It will either pass or it will not. If it does not pass I sure hope we are simply left alone from here on out. I am sure all these union rumblings every couple years get old for all pilot groups. I wonder if ALPA is going to send us some of the infamous "spouse letters" from the last drive; lol I hope they do. That would really seal the fate of this union drive. They have been collecting cards since late september early october. Those who want the union will fill out their card ASAP. As of yet no where near a majority has sent their cards in. Translation: WE DON'T WANT A UNION HERE, GO AWAY! There it has been said. I will gladly eat my words if I am proven wrong by an election that is won by the union. ALPA should really save their money and just hold an election. Rhetoric on either side will change no ones mind. Lets just have it out and see what the majority wants.

The Majority or true value pilots desire to leave future SkyWest pilots with some tools (ALPA or something besides SAPA) even if they aren't here in 5 years. Too many new hires that want to top out at $94.00 /hr. {see Sad, (unless your a sim guy)}. Unions aren't going to solve everything but I guess if want your status quo, then keep your box corked unless you have a better solution to make the future brighter at the regional level.

The Majority or true value pilots desire to leave future SkyWest pilots with some tools (ALPA or something besides SAPA) even if they aren't here in 5 years. Too many new hires that want to top out at $94.00 /hr. {see Sad, (unless your a sim guy)}. Unions aren't going to solve everything but I guess if want your status quo, then keep your box corked unless you have a better solution to make the future brighter at the regional level.

We became one step closer to a brighter future with the voting in of the seperate payscales. Next step is more pay increases/COLA. We of course must wait to see what the future holds. No matter what happens we need no union to guide us there. I believe we have more job security without one. This is why I believe we will never vote one in. It's actually more or less punishment to future generations to vote in a union then leave. You leave them stuck with the bill. Why aren't they holding an election???

We became one step closer to a brighter future with the voting in of the seperate payscales. Next step is more pay increases/COLA.

When did SkyWest get separate payscales?
All I heard about was a BOHICA override that won't amount to much of anything, (3-4% maybe).

How long was that 18 month TA expired for before you managed to get the wonderful new pay package?

I'd call you a tool but that would be insulting to the tools. You're ignorance is staggeringly beyond comprehension. What makes you think you'll see COLA or a pay increase before 2010 or later?

The facts and history all indicate that you will be screwed for the next four years. What's going to change? You and 57% of the 70% that voted just screwed the pooch. The same people that predicted the future when the 50-99 seat deal came around tried to tell you fukkers but you can't seem to listen.

How's ORD treating you a$$wipe? Penalty box helping that 2nd year FO pay?

Last edited:
When did SkyWest get separate payscales?
All I heard about was a BOHICA override that won't amount to much of anything, (3-4% maybe).

How long was that 18 month TA expired for before you managed to get the wonderful new pay package?

I'd call you a tool but that would be insulting to the tools. You're ignorance is staggeringly beyond comprehension. What makes you think you'll see COLA or a pay increase before 2010 or later?

The facts and history all indicate that you will be screwed for the next four years. What's going to change? You and 57% of the 70% that voted just screwed the pooch. The same people that predicted the future when the 50-99 seat deal came around tried to tell you fukkers but you can't seem to listen.

How's ORD treating you a$$wipe? Penalty box helping that 2nd year FO pay?

Actually suprisingly enough that TA was almost expired as long as the union chatter has been going on. Wouldn't you say that is an awful long time of lots of talk and not much action? Oh sure there are some BBQs etc. but come on this talk has been going on since around april or may of 2005. If 30% of the pilots didn't even vote on a pay scale what makes you think a union drive will succeed? BTW about the same number plus or minus a few percent have filled out their cards. That is all they have to show after 18 months+ of hardcore campaigning.

You are correct it is an override not a seperate payscale. It is not a BOHICA however. The majority voted it in of their own free will. BTW when you fly the 700/900 it is in fact a seperate payscale. You get paid more to fly the 70/90(same number of seats BTW) therefore it is a seperate payscale when it is flown which is all that really matters. Being dual qualified makes us more efficent therefore more competitive.

We will see COLA, another raise before 2010 for a couple of reasons. One SGU does not want a union as much as the pilot group does not want one. Two ASA and a couple other groups will probably have a contract long before then thus giving us more leverage. Three they will see in the long run that keeping us happy keeps a union away and thus a COLA/extra payraise is just what the doctor ordered.

The penalty box is great for extra pay. Ive gotten hours of Appendix D time this year.

Two ASA and a couple other groups will probably have a contract long before then thus giving us more leverage.
So we will do all the work to get a great contract and pansies like you will say that you got a good deal because you didn't have a union, right?

Latest resources

Back