Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

IFLYASA

WTF!!!

In 7.5 years here at ASA, this is the worst I have ever seen the lines. Here's the horrible rundown..

On the CRJ200, of the 326 lines there is only "1" 3-day line!!!, the rest are mostly 4-days and naps (standups).

2 lines have 16 days off.
13 lines have 14 days off.
41 lines have 13 days off.
That means 83% of the lines have 12 days off or less!!!!

I know Delta slows down during September, but that does not justify all 4-days. This is beyond ridiculous. If the company doesn't settle the contract in 2 weeks, I have a feeling September will have the worst "On Time" performance ever.

I know I have delayed lots of flying due to maintenance. Add in the 35 minute turns Delta wants us to do in ATL. Yea right! Notice how there are no lunch or dinner breaks built in? Thats one delay right there. I "encourage" my crew to take care of there nutritional needs.

What a lame-a$$ excuse for a company!!:angryfire

After I woke up to look at the lines this morning, I started seeing red. It clouded my vision to where I didn't see the other thread. Now that my vision is back to normal, I do see the other thread.

It's like doing an ILS down to mins after 14 hours of duty..

I've only flown with a couple of captains that actually fly the contract.

Our lines will not improve and we will never have a contract, because the company sees us as their bit%# and has ZERO incentive to do anything for us.

The majority of pilots are either content with all of this or they have no balls.

I've only flown with a couple of captains that actually fly the contract.

Our lines will not improve and we will never have a contract, because the company sees us as their bit%# and has ZERO incentive to do anything for us.

The majority of pilots are either content with all of this or they have no balls.
I 100% agree. Everyone bitches, but everyone continues to go above and beyond their duty to help the company. People will try to justify this by saying that flying the contract will break "statis quo" and we as pilots will face legal ramifications. A. No one even comes close to trying. B. That doesn't stop NW pilots... just quit crying about how our union isn't helping us get negotiations wrapped up, you aren't helping yourselves. Quit bitching about the bed you made.

The worst to me is all the people picking up open time because the company is offering 150%. Not picking up that open time certainly isn't breaking the status quo and it would have brought the company to the table ready to play months ago! The company is already hurting (wanting offer better 1st yr pay) even with all you clowns picking up open time, imagine how much worse it would have been if you guys didn't pick up all the open time. Of course, now we are getting to a reduced schedule and the staffing will cover our flying going into negotiations at the end of the month, taking the heat off the company. Way to go guys!

I try to stay pretty vanilla on FI, but I had to say my piece on the issue. And for the the record I will still have a beer with the guys I know who are picking up open time etc..

Latest resources

Back