• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Sept Lines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta may give ASA crap to work with, but ASA's problem is what they do with it. Maybe you weren't here for the Willy era, followed by the Mike McClain era, but the lines were night and day with the same crap from Delta. ASA chooses to put minimum effort into building the lines by electronically building them for efficiency, and doing no further tweaking. Mike used to run the lines 4-5 times just to tweak them for employee satisfaction. We had 20 hour three day trips with 14+ days off. It just took a little more time and effort.

ASA can still do this. They just don't care or don't want to. That's why we're all pissed.

I agree 100%, John. It has been this way every year that I have been here. Delta gives us the schedules and ASA has to deal with them. In the past, they did work harder to make better lines. ASA management doesn't give a crap now about our lines. It is a shame that the lines have gotten this bad. No excuse for it. We go from 200 3-day lines last july to now 1 3-day line. I don't see that as maintaining the status quo.

Last edited:
What is funny is they can't figure out why everyone is so pissed. All we get from that GO are excuses and pep talks from people who have no interest in running a good company and only about their lousy bonuses. No pride, no shame, and a few extra bucks to buy their lattes with. That's a life to be proud of.

Around 2 years ago, I could have held my first 3-day. Now, I would have to be #1 on the aircraft to hold it. I don't believe Scott Hall. I asked him in RGT about the lack of 3-day trips. He told me you can't build as efficient schedules with 3 days.

Someone PLEASE show me how a 20 hour 3-day is less efficient than a 20 hour 4-day. It's all about the way they use the software. I agree, they aren't putting forth the effort to give us 3-days.

If you look at his other posts, you will see that he has been trying to get out of this hell hole. Don't assume that just because someone has been here a while that they aren't trying to get another job.

Regionalcap
You got my back??

Zawillif
I will assure you I have been trying to get out of here. If it weren't for the shrink at Delta, I'd be on the 737 right now. If it weren't for all that Part 121 PIC, I'd be at AirTran right now. They want low timers with low PIC who "can't" leave AirTran for greener pastures. Fedex isn't hiring right now. I have plenty of contacts there. I have my app in at Continental with plenty of contacts as well.. I do have my app in Soutwest, but we know how that's about a 2 year deal. I really don't want to commute so that's why I'm trying to stay near home.. I'm about as far from a grumpy old fart as they come.

I FLY I have to tell you that as bad as ASA's lines are the trips at DAL are not much better. Most are four days. There are very few three days on the 88. The 73N has a lot of three days, but on the 88 it is the four days with five legs and a nine hr over night and then a two leg day with an 18 hour overnight.
It is just the way that they are all scheduling. It stinks, but the grass is not greener over here in that regard.

A crappy 4 day at Delta on the mad dog is better than any 3 day on the RJ at America's Sorriest Airline.

I don't believe Scott Hall. I asked him in RGT about the lack of 3-day trips. He told me you can't build as efficient schedules with 3 days. .

Crew planning had no say. Scott made them come up with these crap 4 days. Doesn't matter if you've been here 20 years or 20 months, you get 4 days w/ max of 12 days off! Thanks Scotty. Trying to impress someone. He even wants 5 days, so watch out!

Scott will be in the crew lounge tomorrow. Let him have it.

Crew planning had no say. Scott made them come up with these crap 4 days. Doesn't matter if you've been here 20 years or 20 months, you get 4 days w/ max of 12 days off! Thanks Scotty. Trying to impress someone. He even wants 5 days, so watch out!

Scott will be in the crew lounge tomorrow. Let him have it.

DING DING DING!!! We have a winner!

Latest resources

Back