ASA Sept Lines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WTF!!!

In 7.5 years here at ASA, this is the worst I have ever seen the lines. Here's the horrible rundown..

On the CRJ200, of the 326 lines there is only "1" 3-day line!!!, the rest are mostly 4-days and naps (standups).

2 lines have 16 days off.
13 lines have 14 days off.
41 lines have 13 days off.
That means 83% of the lines have 12 days off or less!!!!

I know Delta slows down during September, but that does not justify all 4-days. This is beyond ridiculous. If the company doesn't settle the contract in 2 weeks, I have a feeling September will have the worst "On Time" performance ever.

I know I have delayed lots of flying due to maintenance. Add in the 35 minute turns Delta wants us to do in ATL. Yea right! Notice how there are no lunch or dinner breaks built in? Thats one delay right there. I "encourage" my crew to take care of there nutritional needs.

What a lame-a$$ excuse for a company!!:angryfire

Umm, I agree with you. My only question is: At 7.5 years, why the F are you still here?

Umm, I agree with you. My only question is: At 7.5 years, why the F are you still here?

WOW-
Looks like we have a tool on our hands! If everyone got hired at 5 yrs, or maybe 7 yrs, or some such, the world would just be fab wouldn't it? People sometimes get hired with very low time, (especially if they have certain ethnic/gender characteristics) some don't-that's life in the big city!

Here's hoping you get stuck somewhere for about two decades-toolbasket!

Toolbasket? Kinda feminin don't you think? How about toolbox; monkeywrench; ballbearing; lavhandle; gearhandle; doorknob..etc.

Toolbasket? Kinda feminin don't you think? How about toolbox; monkeywrench; ballbearing; lavhandle; gearhandle; doorknob..etc.

Femminin works for me!!!

I'll take a guess

ASA turning to the worst airline ever has been a steady move for the past few years. Just a year ago we had normal lines, normal staffing, normal hotels.

Scott Hall has implemented his nuclear options on our pilot group recently that bring on all of these posts.

Our lines are worse than ever before.

Our staffing is ridiculous.

Our hotels are all going to be motel 6's once Scott get's done with them.

Gotta love this one.

57 hrs in BJX

701EV

WOW-
Looks like we have a tool on our hands! If everyone got hired at 5 yrs, or maybe 7 yrs, or some such, the world would just be fab wouldn't it? People sometimes get hired with very low time, (especially if they have certain ethnic/gender characteristics) some don't-that's life in the big city!

Here's hoping you get stuck somewhere for about two decades-toolbasket!

Maybe, but if you knew the history of ASA then you would know someone with 7.5 years here was right seating on the Brasilia for 6 months to 1 year TOPS. That means they have >3000 PIC Turbine. Not saying that guarantees you a job . . . but it makes you competitive. And with everyone hiring they way they are I promise you said person could go somewhere else if they wanted.

Latest resources

Back