• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Sept Lines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe, but if you knew the history of ASA then you would know someone with 7.5 years here was right seating on the Brasilia for 6 months to 1 year TOPS. That means they have >3000 PIC Turbine. Not saying that guarantees you a job . . . but it makes you competitive. And with everyone hiring they way they are I promise you said person could go somewhere else if they wanted.

A lack of a college degree would eliminate many "major" jobs. Just something that came to mind possibly. Not sure who and who doesn't have this requirement still.

Maybe, but if you knew the history of ASA then you would know someone with 7.5 years here was right seating on the Brasilia for 6 months to 1 year TOPS. That means they have >3000 PIC Turbine. Not saying that guarantees you a job . . . but it makes you competitive. And with everyone hiring they way they are I promise you said person could go somewhere else if they wanted.

If you look at his other posts, you will see that he has been trying to get out of this hell hole. Don't assume that just because someone has been here a while that they aren't trying to get another job.

Kinda ironic that y'all talk tough about a '98 style WOE campaign, then also ask about why someone is still here after 7 years..... They are directly related folks.....

As long as these "regional jobs" are considered stepping stone jobs, the majority of people here will not put their job on the line to make a point..... simple law of "self interest" or "looking out for number one".....

'98 will not happen with people who are chomping at the bit to become Delta pilots..... we created this mess and some of us are unhappy with what we created for ourselves..... so sorry.... so sad.......

Welcome to the "master/apprentice" setup....

If you look at his other posts, you will see that he has been trying to get out of this hell hole. Don't assume that just because someone has been here a while that they aren't trying to get another job.

My apologies. Sometimes when I get worked up and see 7.5 years my only thought is the lazy old farts that are satisfied with just b!tching about ASA but will never EVER leave to go anywhere.

I FLY I have to tell you that as bad as ASA's lines are the trips at DAL are not much better. Most are four days. There are very few three days on the 88. The 73N has a lot of three days, but on the 88 it is the four days with five legs and a nine hr over night and then a two leg day with an 18 hour overnight.
It is just the way that they are all scheduling. It stinks, but the grass is not greener over here in that regard.

I've been here over 6yrs, took the upgrade as fast as I could hold it on any equipment, and I only have 250hrs 121pic. ...still can't hold a line on the CR2, by the way! At 7.5 yrs I'll just be starting to qualify for majors, and I certainly won't be considering myself an "old fart" at that point.

I FLY I have to tell you that as bad as ASA's lines are the trips at DAL are not much better. Most are four days. There are very few three days on the 88. The 73N has a lot of three days, but on the 88 it is the four days with five legs and a nine hr over night and then a two leg day with an 18 hour overnight.
It is just the way that they are all scheduling. It stinks, but the grass is not greener over here in that regard.

WHAT?

But The Genral told us you guys all get 36 hours in Paris with super models to rub your feet at the 6 star hotels.

You mean not all newhire FOs are doing that?

Seriously, though for as much bitching as people are doing here I hope they are emailing Scott and letting him know what you think of his line construction. It may do no god but at least he can't say he didn't know. And please if you have RGT here soon let me know what the old boy has to say about the lines. It should be good.

Latest resources

Back