• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Says Pilots' Demands Are Lofty

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
atr, ifly is right, we get block or better whether we are early or over. So you wouldn't lose that time if you are over guarantee.

I don't have any experience with trip rigs, but the duty rigs would benifit nappers very much.

Ok am I missing something... Have you all missed how it works now. You will get the contract you want. Ok maybe not even what you really want but just something better than you have now. 6 months will pass and you will see more and more MESA, CHQ, Skywest mainline (I like that new name) in Atlanta. Then whoops the 22 70's won't show up do to "the competative environment" they will end up at Skywest mainline. Then the ATR will go away and be replaced by Mesa etc... A year from now comes the reduction in 50 seat flying... Skywest has an 80% garantee... whoops read the fine print. Lots of catches.
How does management break a Union and replace 170000000 departures or whatever you say we have. That is how. Take a look around we are the bottom feeders. Oh we make a buck or two more than MESA but honestly. We did the above scenario to mainline. See also Comair, Coex, Mesaba...

After playing out that scenario explain to me if you are an FO or junior captain how long term that will help you out. Lines slowly get worse not better. Upgrade disapears. But oh wait you get an extra $2.00 an hour. Or you get paid an extra hour of pay on a three hour sit.

Again I say we match Skywest contract to the letter... All you 50 guys take a raise I take a pay cut... The pay cut will be offset by senior guys leaving the 70 and my bid improvment. If you want a big pay raise switch airlines. I know you can't do that you just got 15 days off and are making pretty good money and I commute so starting over at the bottom... Hey want to impress me take another job that shows a company they don't pay you enough.

This is my second airline. I've been around long enough to know that I am not King Kong. I am a small easily replacable commodity. If I let my ego get the best of me I end up like Comair, Delta, United, NWA, Mesabe, Coex. You think you can find another job that will let you work half the month, health, dental, travel, 401K, and still let you make 80+. Fire up your resume and do it. I dare you. Trust me I've looked it is a lot harder than you think.

There better be some kind of BIG retro check or signing bonus after all the debt I've incurred working for this place the last 4 1/2 years. I dont care if SKKW Inc. has never payed retro or says they never will or whatever. It will be an automatic no vote from me if this is not included. PERIOD!

My days of a dreamer are over. I think the posturing of negotiations will match us to the current Skywest contract. What is behind us is behind us, what is in front of us is more important. I think there is a emphasis on the past, and basically I like to look where I am going not where I have been. With each round of information for the negoitations the real deal will not come until the 24th hour. The rest of the information will just get those interested a lot of gas and a major case of heart burn trying to making negotiations fair. Who said anything about fair. It is only business. You want fair? It doesn't exist any more.

GO AROUND said:
atr, ifly is right, we get block or better whether we are early or over. So you wouldn't lose that time if you are over guarantee.

I don't have any experience with trip rigs, but the duty rigs would benifit nappers very much.

Well, I'm sorry that I can't explain it correctly, but if you go back and look at your checks you will find that you get underblock pay in addition to overblock pay, assuming that you are over guarantee. We are paid "block or better" BECAUSE of premium pay. Take it away and we lose that. Ask MJ when she comes back from her leave. Underblock pay is a fairly significant part of your overall pay.

atrdriver said:
Well, I'm sorry that I can't explain it correctly, but if you go back and look at your checks you will find that you get underblock pay in addition to overblock pay, assuming that you are over guarantee. We are paid "block or better" BECAUSE of premium pay. Take it away and we lose that. Ask MJ when she comes back from her leave. Underblock pay is a fairly significant part of your overall pay.

You know, I'd never thought of that before. Premium makes up for the fact that you didn't fly your scheduled block. So premium guarantees that you make at least block. I thought there was a separate clause in the contract for that. Premium should be called "block guarantee" or something else.
Thats what happens when you don't learn the contract early on. Thank you for the clarification, sir.

Glad I'm not the only one confused about what losing premium will mean. I was thinking along the same lines as atrdriver so that's why I asked.

I can understand losing it if you're under guarantee, but if we lose it when we are overblock for the month we are essentially losing "block or better". Based on my paystubs for the past 6 months I would lose at least 4 hours of pay a month in that situation. Not acceptable.

If they were to eliminate premium when underblock but keep some sort of "block or better" I might be willing to listen, but only in exchange for some other considerations.

Last edited:
MajorAv8r said:
Just for the record, 841 today.
The SKW,Inc website says SKW and ASA combined have about 1200 per day for DAL.

Also, Block or better plus trip and duty rigs and 100% retro pay. We don't need to lower our expectations because of DAL's woes, the cost box or other airlines. The fact is we're profitable big time and it's due to our efforts, and we deserve to be paid commensurate to our contributions. If SKW lowered their fees to DAL to keep the business it can come from the profits, they're not gonna lose money.

Latest resources

Back