ASA Ready Reserve

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

twott driver

Changes to the contract that most seem to be unaware of. Keep them honest boys and girls, they are taking chances on a daily basis and the new schedulers haven't got half a clue.

Flight assignment HAS to start within an hour of end of RRSRV period, and can only be extended to 2 hours if IROP declared.

They are assigning rrsrv pretty much as they see fit, with no regard to the bucket list. Check the bucket before accepting a rrsrv assignment.

LOA 11

§ 13.O.3.b.(3) Ready Reserve – Replace
11 (3) A Flight Assignment given to a pilot on ready reserve will depart
12 within one (1) hour from the end of his scheduled ready reserve
13 period. The one (1) hour period can be extended to two (2) hours if
14 an IROP has been declared.
16 §13.O.7.e. Ready Reserve – Replace
17 e. When assigning a short-call reserve pilot to report as a ready reserve,
18 as provided in paragraphs O.6.a, above, such ready reserve
19 assignment will be made in the following order:
20 (1) In order of line credit value, lowest credit hours first, in the two (2)
21 day bucket of reserve days available; if no pilots are available in
22 such bucket; then
24 (2) In order of line credit value, lowest credit hours first, in the three (3)
25 day bucket of reserve days available; if no pilots are available in
26 such bucket; then
28 (3) In order of line credit value, lowest credit hours first, in the four (4)
29 day bucket of reserve days available; if no pilots are available in
30 such bucket; then
32 (4) In order of line credit value, lowest credit hours first, in the five (5)
33 day bucket of reserve days available; if no pilots are available in
34 such bucket; then
36 (5) In order of line credit value, lowest credit hours first, in the six (6)
37 day bucket of reserve days available; if no pilots are available in
38 such bucket; then
40 (6) In order of line credit value, lowest credit hours first, in the one (1)
41 day bucket of reserve days available.

Changes to the contract that most seem to be unaware of. Keep them honest boys and girls, they are taking chances on a daily basis and the new schedulers haven't got half a clue.

Flight assignment HAS to start within an hour of end of RRSRV period, and can only be extended to 2 hours if IROP declared.

They are assigning rrsrv pretty much as they see fit, with no regard to the bucket list. Check the bucket before accepting a rrsrv assignment.

LOA 11

§ 13.O.3.b.(3) Ready Reserve – Replace
11 (3) A Flight Assignment given to a pilot on ready reserve will depart
12 within one (1) hour from the end of his scheduled ready reserve
13 period. The one (1) hour period can be extended to two (2) hours if
14 an IROP has been declared.
16 §13.O.7.e. Ready Reserve – Replace
17 e. When assigning a short-call reserve pilot to report as a ready reserve,
18 as provided in paragraphs O.6.a, above, such ready reserve
19 assignment will be made in the following order:
20 (1) In order of line credit value, lowest credit hours first, in the two (2)
21 day bucket of reserve days available; if no pilots are available in
22 such bucket; then
24 (2) In order of line credit value, lowest credit hours first, in the three (3)
25 day bucket of reserve days available; if no pilots are available in
26 such bucket; then
28 (3) In order of line credit value, lowest credit hours first, in the four (4)
29 day bucket of reserve days available; if no pilots are available in
30 such bucket; then
32 (4) In order of line credit value, lowest credit hours first, in the five (5)
33 day bucket of reserve days available; if no pilots are available in
34 such bucket; then
36 (5) In order of line credit value, lowest credit hours first, in the six (6)
37 day bucket of reserve days available; if no pilots are available in
38 such bucket; then
40 (6) In order of line credit value, lowest credit hours first, in the one (1)
41 day bucket of reserve days available.

They love to try and assign it to the 1-day bucket guys...even though they should be the last people utilized. I guess they think "well it's 1 day of RRR it should go to the 1-day bucket guys".

Hold them to the contract!!!

If we were to negotiate Dual-Qual, you will be more at risk being able to fly more aircraft. It would not be good for Reserve life.

I don't know how long the irops thing has been in there but when I was on reserve, I would get assigned a trip with a departure over 1 hour after the end of RRR all the time and we didn't have a leg to stand on.

I don't know how long the irops thing has been in there but when I was on reserve, I would get assigned a trip with a departure over 1 hour after the end of RRR all the time and we didn't have a leg to stand on.

Max,

I shared your pain. When you and I were new, even lineholders had Reserve days on their schedules. In fact, even on days that we flew scheduled flying, you were unofficially onReady Reserve, subject to the somewhat normal practice of Extension. You weren't safe on the last leg until you were on the crew bus headed to the parking lot.

However, today things have changed and the rules have improved. The language for Ready Reserve was amended and improved in the PBS Letter. Of course the real question is, how is it practiced?

Bottom line, if you read nothing else, read the Scheduling section and try to be up on the improvements in LOA 11, and any of the MOUs that pertain to scheduling.

Have any other reserve guys noticed them starting to call you for an assignment exactly 1 hour prior to the start of your reserve window? Sure you don't have to answer, and technically this isn't an official violation of your rest, but it seems this is becoming a regular practice now. I just want to be left alone for 9 hours a day!

By the way, who is this "ASA" you speak of?

Have any other reserve guys noticed them starting to call you for an assignment exactly 1 hour prior to the start of your reserve window? Sure you don't have to answer, and technically this isn't an official violation of your rest, but it seems this is becoming a regular practice now. I just want to be left alone for 9 hours a day!

By the way, who is this "ASA" you speak of?

They start pulling that crap when they get desperate...

Yes, they absolutely assign RRR outside of the proper bucket order- more often than not, lately. When called on it recently, the scheduler claimed that he wasn't able to "see" the guy who supposed to get it. (despite me being able to see him on the reserve list)

As speedtape said, at the very least, read hours of service, section 13 and loa's/mou's pertaining to reserves in particular. The less you know, the more they take advantage of you.

Latest resources

Back