• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA pilots quitting at record pace...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hear the cry from many that what has happened over the four years has been criminal. I agree that management has given us the shaft, but IT'S TIME TO MOVE ON AND LIVE IN THE NOW! The point isn't what WAS done, but what do we do NOW! Geez, if Mesaba hasn't been allowed to strike with the beating those poor guys have been through, what makes the hardcore guys think we're going to be allowed to strike? A strike under this presidential administration isn't a fiesable primary option for negotiation.

I don't want ASA to fade into anything- I've invested too much time here and don't have my PIC turbine. One of the worst things you can do is chase an upgrade.

BOTH parties ought to get real in this thing and I am looking for ALPA to make the next step. I sincerely hope that ALPA gets this right for US, and not for anyone else in this industry to set an example. We're not going to get a retirement plan when everyone else has lost theirs, we're not going to get 2001 Comair rates plus 1% either. Heck, given the industry trend as a whole over the past few years, we are gonna' be good to walk away from this one with something extra. Sometimes it's good hold what you can and live to fight another day.

ALPA- LETS GET SOMETHING ROLLING HERE!!!!!

I know several that have left, and I'm inclined to validate the figure set forth by AMANSWORLD.... Just look at the stack of returned Jepps.

I know several that have left, and I'm inclined to validate the figure set forth by AMANSWORLD.... Just look at the stack of returned Jepps.

According to one of my friends as soon as skywest gets a few more -900's on property we can expect a skywest base in Atlanta. Then maybe someone will actually figure it out. I'll be one of the first in November to punch out.

I am not seeing much attrition from the right seat of the 50. My number has hardly budged in the past 4 months.

Well bottomline is this from my little part of the world. I have been at ASA for alot longer than I will mention here. I have disagreed with some peoples thoughts in the past with this company, but overall we have a very good bunch of pilots here and what upsets me is that we are all going to be out of a job sooner or later the way things have been handled. I think alot of is pure greed and power. And if anyone who looks at this companies past knows we will not take it from management, WE WILL NOT START NOW!!! --- I hope you heard this JA/BL!

It is time for something to happen, before the holidays! I will not be on the road making money for a company replacing my job. I will be at home with my family enjoying the holiday. I hope the person who updates the gate/flight info boards has CXLD memorized because it is coming over thanksgiving and christmas if we do not have a contract VOTED IN. And I encourage all ASA pilots to take a long hard look at this and help your fellow pilots, your profession, and more importantly your family. We need to make this known.

I am not seeing much attrition from the right seat of the 50. My number has hardly budged in the past 4 months.

That is because these numbers are well inflated by people who have seen them with "their own eyes", the truth is nobody knows how many people have left ASA in the past month, week, year or whatever, and if people are leaving, who cares good for them and good luck. We all hear different numbers from different people , instructors, chief pilots, or the occassional I know someone in management. To everyone leaving ASA, good for you!!!!!

And amansworld, why do you not care to mention how long you have been at ASA, who cares, I was there for 8 years, so what.

Last edited:
probably because at the upper echelon of the seniority list it would be easier to figure out exactly who he is.

Latest resources

Back