• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA pilots quitting at record pace...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wish you had no affiliation with SkyWest either.
Bl0w me
the fact of the matter is we are "related" now and it would without doubt be in both our best interests to work together at some point. Otherwise, SkyW INC. will continue to pit one of us against the other for years to come.

SkyW is without doubt reaping the benefits now but, even I will admit there will come a day when the pendulum will have swung the other way and that day may not be as far off as many think.

the fact of the matter is we are "related" now and it would without doubt be in both our best interests to work together at some point. Otherwise, SkyW INC. will continue to pit one of us against the other for years to come.

SkyW is without doubt reaping the benefits now but, even I will admit there will come a day when the pendulum will have swung the other way and that day may not be as far off as many think.

I agree with you 100%. All I am saying is the Skywest pilots need to show their support not just say they are. If they do not want to support us then in the future I will not support them at all. Like it or not we are one company that needs to move in ONE Direction.

I agree with you 100%. All I am saying is the Skywest pilots need to show their support not just say they are. If they do not want to support us then in the future I will not support them at all. Like it or not we are one company that needs to move in ONE Direction.
What would you have them do? Refuse to fly 701/2/3? Refuse to fly through ATL? Surely you don't expect them to do any of those things when you didn't refuse to fly through CVG or SLC and you didn't refuse to fly Comair planes that came to ASA during and after their strike.

I don't really care for the system we have in place (alpa) but, it is A system and the one we have. My hope is that SkyW will join that system and Dave and the boys were correct Monday when they said ALPA national is going to be different and work for the common good of all of us no matter whether "regional" or "main line". In the event that is not the case, and that should become evident pretty quickly, perhaps we (ASA/SkyW) will be able to pull away from ALPA "together" as a single group and form an in house bargaining unit to keep our best interests in mind (ala SouthWest).

Picked up an airplane the other day from a Captain that claimed he had strong ties to ALPA. Said that BL stated that "there would be no strike at his company". However, after saying this, he also made the point clear that whatever the consequences were as a result of our contract, we as a pilot group would have to live with it.

In addition to this, I also discussed some issues with the ALPA reps in operations. They were extremely informative, and cleared up some misconceptions regarding the negotiations. Current negotiations refer to a 10.3% raise for CR700 pilots, with a bump in 50 seat pay. I still think that 10% plus retro pay of (as one pilot pointed out here) 10k per year of negotiations (40,000.00 per pilot), is absolutely NUTS!!!

I also thought it was funny when one guy stated he "didn't want to be an F/O for eight years" as a result of our "NEAR the top" contract, one ALPA rep told him to go to Skywest. I could tell the FO was definatly pi$$ed at the remark- pretty funny actually. I'd hope that ALPA is wise enough not to intentionally stick this type of mentality on our pilot group and that we can find a way to BOTH grow and come up with an option that pays our pilot group what is practical.

Picked up an airplane the other day from a Captain that claimed he had strong ties to ALPA. Said that BL stated that "there would be no strike at his company". However, after saying this, he also made the point clear that whatever the consequences were as a result of our contract, we as a pilot group would have to live with it.

In addition to this, I also discussed some issues with the ALPA reps in operations. They were extremely informative, and cleared up some misconceptions regarding the negotiations. Current negotiations refer to a 10.3% raise for CR700 pilots, with a bump in 50 seat pay. I still think that 10% plus retro pay of (as one pilot pointed out here) 10k per year of negotiations (40,000.00 per pilot), is absolutely NUTS!!!

I also thought it was funny when one guy stated he "didn't want to be an F/O for eight years" as a result of our "NEAR the top" contract, one ALPA rep told him to go to Skywest. I could tell the FO was definatly pi$$ed at the remark- pretty funny actually. I'd hope that ALPA is wise enough not to intentionally stick this type of mentality on our pilot group and that we can find a way to BOTH grow and come up with an option that pays our pilot group what is practical.

So basically once again BL has no clur what in the hell he is doing at the helm. Suprise suprise. BL is a ****************************** bag.

:smash: Sunday 19th NOV 2006......Unofficial Official walkout!!!!!!:smash:

dude, would you please stop with this stupid sh!t?

LOL! Yea, probably 30 people from ASA read and post on this thing, and 3 are from MGT.....This thing, while funny to fantasize about, isn't even close to being practical. To ensure job protection, nearly all 1800 pilots would have to do this. Truth of the matter is, our pilot group is all over the board on how we feel about this mess.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back