• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Asa pbs ta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
With all due respect I don't think you understand what pbs will due to you especially if we don't get additional flying. Unless you are in the top 30%. I've gained on vacation with pbs? I turn one week into at least 15-17 days off for 75hrs pay and have hit as high as 20 days. I am not sure if it will jump from 2 to 8-9%, that's a pretty high jump.

Froom what I have seen at this point, you'd do about as well with the Pref Bid system being looked at. How many hour do you fly when you stretch the vacation to 15-17? As it stands now, you'll be able to drop down to 50 and still get paid guarantee.

8-9%? I believe we are very able to reach that number. The amount money that was spent on short term goals was significant when you take into account all the things ASA has done for long term pay offs. The A-Tech (Who named that thing anyhow? It is worse than our call sign!) for example represents a huge investment that will payoff over time in the form of a lower lease cost. At our current staffing, it won't happen but once we get some movement and iron out a few issues, we may return to those sorts of levels (granted Obama doesn't complete flatten the market).

At least you've offered some solutions instead of simply trashing the idea. I understand your angst about PBS. ALPA spent quite a bit of time telling us PBS was a bad thing and then they jump out of the closet and yell, "PBS". There will be some more uncomfortable things we will have to deal with, but I believe we can achieve these goals and make this place an extremely viable place to work for a long time to come.

ding ding ding wrong!!! Try again!
Ding,ding ding,
FWIW BH ran SKYW for 9 of the years during my stay at SKYW.
He would come to recurrent when the union drives were on, and foam at the mouth, I thought he was gonna stroke out right there. You guys refuse to listen to those who have gone there before, this is a little IOE on BH OPS. Sure he cleaned up some of the duff at your HDQ, sounds like it needed it. You guys still have someone from SKYW screwscheduling still there in the scheduling office?
Enjoy it!
PBR

I don't want PBS...It will have a negative affect on my QOL regarding vacation. I stretched 2 of my vacations this year into 5 weeks each. There will be no more of that with PBS. However I am voting yes regardless of what the agreement says. QOL will suffer much more if we don't stay competitive.
Joe, You want PBS more than Brad does. You will be able to cherry pick trips that normally you would only get 2 or 3 times a month. Since the lines are mixed up now, PBS will allow you to make every trip a cherry picking dream. You are just willing to throw those junior to you under the bus to better you own lifestyle.
You are pathetic.
PBR

Ding,ding ding,
FWIW BH ran SKYW for 9 of the years during my stay at SKYW.
He would come to recurrent when the union drives were on, and foam at the mouth, I thought he was gonna stroke out right there. You guys refuse to listen to those who have gone there before, this is a little IOE on BH OPS. Sure he cleaned up some of the duff at your HDQ, sounds like it needed it. You guys still have someone from SKYW screwscheduling still there in the scheduling office?
Enjoy it!
PBR

No, we sent him back to you crying. Couldn't handle.

Why not make growth or new flying a stipulation of PBS? Set up the TA, then set up the software to practice like the mec said, the company bids on new flying with the cost savings in it, then if we win the flying we flip the switch to pbs. Everyone benefits, including our furloughed brothers. The way it is now if we don't get the flying only the company benefits. Now what is the argument with that?

Exactly, anyone name one example of a regional airline that gained flying due to PBS? Seems strange in the current enviorment to vote on a system that allows the company to potentialy have 10% less captains, downgrades. Longer upgrades if I was a first officer? What are we getting in return? Both SH and CT have stated that it would not make a difference now. By the way how do we tie a contract ext to PBS.

I can't believe you people are looking at the email our ALPA reps sent out and are all the sudden convinced that PBS is the new answer for ASA to get future growth.

What positive things are we getting from PBS?

A raise in minimum duty day from 3.75 to 3.86? Skywest's min day rig is 3.86 and last time I checked they don't have to ship 2% of their pay to a union. I do not understand why we caved in yet again and didn't ask for something more significant like a 4, 4.25, or 4.50 hr min day. Why ask for something that our sister carrier already has and not ask for more? This is stupid!

Bottom line, we are going to get screwed as far as vacation is concerned no matter how you look at it. For example: A pilot bids for a week of vacation the week before (or after) Thanksgiving (or any other holiday for that matter) and elects to drop trips on either side of their vacation. Will the company just drop the trips like they currently do or will they say that you can't drop a trip over a holiday? Is the company going to have the "restricted days" like they currently have in the contract with the addition of PBS? I guess we just wait for the road shows to see.

The other question is how much money is ASA saving with the implementaton of PBS? I have have heard 8M/yr (ALPA) on the high side and 2M/yr (Company) on the low side. From what we are being offered as incentives for taking PBS this in no way equates to even 2M.

By taking this PBS we lock ourselves into a 1% raise per year. This is a pay cut each and every year. This does NOT even come close to covering cost of living. Do you want to be locked into a contract until 2014 or later? Thats where were headed by signing this.

I can not believe all the kool aid BS I hear in the lounge these days. ASA will get new flying with us getting PBS, We need to be more competitive. As far as I am concerned pilot costs account for a very very small percentage of the overall cost structure at Skywest inc.

I'm sure that this doesn't matter because all that will happen is people will complain after this thing gets voted in after we have about 300 people actually vote. The vote that we had for the furlough assistance fund was absolutely pathetic! How many people voted, 265 out of 1800? This is going to be the same ____ different day. I look forward to hearing all you morons complain, and how you all voted no, just like what happened after we signed this contract even though only 160 other ppl besides me voted no.

NOISE

Latest resources

Back