• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Asa pbs ta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't need or want status quo. If your so convinced it will bring growth then you should have no problem tying pbs to growth as a stipulation. Giving up pbs is a huge bargaining chip to just give up on the hope of growth. So your selling the company pbs for a couple hundred dollars a year, maybe only one hunred for an fo, in bonus money? We don't have the same bonus pay as skywest so stop looking at that. But upper managment bonus will for sure be bigger.

Max I don't think you're going to have to worry about that one. It's already sort of automatically built in. See, it will take them 2-3 months to write the language and another several weeks to evaluate and vote. In the meantime, October is the time frame for UAL's RFP. Skywest Inc. makes no secret they are shopping ASA very hard for that flying.

It WILL get announced, one way or the other, which way that flying went. If it comes to ASA, there's your growth. (growth is measured in total block hours not number of airframes) If it does NOT come to ASA, then every pilot will have the option to say, "it didn't work" and vote no to the PBS LOA.

Max I don't think you're going to have to worry about that one. It's already sort of automatically built in. See, it will take them 2-3 months to write the language and another several weeks to evaluate and vote. In the meantime, October is the time frame for UAL's RFP. Skywest Inc. makes no secret they are shopping ASA very hard for that flying.

It WILL get announced, one way or the other, which way that flying went. If it comes to ASA, there's your growth. (growth is measured in total block hours not number of airframes) If it does NOT come to ASA, then every pilot will have the option to say, "it didn't work" and vote no to the PBS LOA.
We will see, I Hope your right.

This is a PAY CUT. Just some round numbers you will lose around 5 days off per week of vacation plus 2 days for training events per year. CAPT<7yrs = 12 days lost x 3.75min x $70. = $3150yr
CAPT>7yrs = 17 days lost x 3.75min x $85. = $5418yr
CAPT>15yr = 22 days lost x 3.75min x $100 = $8250yr
FO 4yr = 12 days lost x 3.75min x $40 = $1800yr
And don't forget the pay cut for all the open time you use to pick up to get that 95hr line will no longer exist. The crappy line pbs gives you is it for the month like it or not because there will be nothing to pick up or swap for due to pbs eliminating all the conflicting month to month, training and vacation drops. So if you get a 78hr line there is very little chance of making that a 90hr line equals a Pay Cut. Sure they will fix the open time rules, they don't care. But you are thinking about the new system with the amount of open time now, then the first time after pbs you jump in and are shocked that there is very little if any open time. The only way the company saves money is buy paying you less and working you more. How do people not see this?

Because your logic is twisted.

What is you guarantee? 75 hours per month.

So once the 20 a/c are gone next year and we have too many pilots, what do you think the line credit will be? Less than 75 hours. So for you to go above and make your 90 to 95 hours isn't going to happen under the current plan either. Start looking for that job at Wendy's on C.

DING DING DING!

SKW has very good work rules, implemented PBS and got a boatload of flying. The closer ASA gets to SKW in terms of cost(That's exactly what management is trying to do) the better future there will be for ASA. PBS was not even really a concession for them. Have you guys heard what the SKW guys get there bonus checks!?!?!?!? Wake up people!
You are so fooking stoopid, we used to get 3500.00 bonus checks, now we are lucky to get 800.00. PBS has been worse than the bonus checks decrease, I would waive the bonus check to get rid of PBS, and I am in the top 25%.
Idiots, 3rd year F/Os are soo smart, go ahead, vote it in, you will see how bad it can be!
PBR
P.S. Go ahead and vot it in, I ABSOLUTELY GUARANTEE YOU WILL FURLOUGH, and THOSE ALREADY FURLOUGHED WILL NEVER RETURN, NEVER!

Last edited:
You are so fooking stoopid, we used to get 3500.00 bonus checks, now we are lucky to get 800.00. PBS has been worse than the bonus checks decrease, I would waive the bonus check to get rid of PBS, and I am in the top 25%.
Idiots, 3rd year F/Os are soo smart, go ahead, vote it in, you will see how bad it can be!
PBR
P.S. Go ahead and vot it in, I ABSOLUTELY GUARANTEE YOU WILL FURLOUGH, and THOSE ALREADY FURLOUGHED WILL NEVER RETURN, NEVER!

You are a lunatic. How do you sleep at night?

PBR

if PBS doesnt like it... I am definitely voting YES!

You are a lunatic. How do you sleep at night?
Nicely, thanks for asking! There are many who think that B.H. is gonna make their lives better, if you think not having to decide on rice and beans or rice alone is a choice, go ahead, don't listen to those who have been there and experienced, BH at his "finest". You think he was sent to ASA because you guys needed a new best buddy? He was sent to you guys because he had cornholed the SKYW pilot group right to the edge of rioting, via pay and work rule raping, and ASA was his attaboy, welcome to the CEO club. The fact we are currently experiencing a leadership crisis and the company is holding formal classes, shows how bad it can get. Everything we are experiencing came from the "office" of B.H.
You will see.
PBR

Good for you, I guess Fat Dumb and stupid will be how you go through life. Enjoy PBS!
PBR

You guys must have enjoyed the corn holing since ALPA got voted down by a huge margin. Holler all you want but it is evident, it ain't as bad as you make it out or ALPA would have been there years ago.

So far as PBS goes, what you guys forget is that we get to negotiate for it and get things in return. You guys were told what you were getting and that was it. What you have now and ASA will look at are two different scenarios. Why are you so afraid that we may vote in in? Growth that may come here instead of SkyWest? You can say it doesn't matter but the more flying and pilots you have, the better your senior schedule gets.

Max, I must be going way wrong. I don't get paid for all those extra days I take off. How are you doing it? I still don't see it. It appears you are adding in days that there is no pay for. I along with quite a few others, can not afford this anyhow so it I make a couple of extra bucks with the new system. You can spin this soft pay thing all you want but I don't see it gaining much traction.

I am not trying to be belligerent with you. I am just trying to see where you are coming up with this numbers and it appears to me that have attached value to days where you would not be getting paid anyhow. Am I getting closer?

Latest resources

Back