• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Asa pbs ta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why not make growth or new flying a stipulation of PBS? Set up the TA, then set up the software to practice like the mec said, the company bids on new flying with the cost savings in it, then if we win the flying we flip the switch to pbs. Everyone benefits, including our furloughed brothers. The way it is now if we don't get the flying only the company benefits. Now what is the argument with that?

Max,
I don't understand this bone you have to pick with PBS. If it is done right, we all benefit from it now. I don't see where this "soft pay" is being lost. You've gained on vacation, if you can afford to stretch it further, there are guys who want the extra work and will likely make up the additional trip you gone. Vacation really is not going to be an issue on this. If anything, we have achieved more credit for vacation than we had before. I have hard time buying into your idea although at least you are offering solutions. If I were a company head, I'd be remiss to pick a company that promised rates based on a trigger with something as important as how schedules are put together. That is the back bone of the airlines operating efficiently *sic*.

So far as the extra "soft pay", if and when we start to see higher net margins, think about what sort of Perf Plus check you've been seeing with 2% versus a 8-9% pay out. On top of that, the expectation is to average one additional day off a month.

Max,
I don't understand this bone you have to pick with PBS. If it is done right, we all benefit from it now. I don't see where this "soft pay" is being lost. You've gained on vacation, if you can afford to stretch it further, there are guys who want the extra work and will likely make up the additional trip you gone. Vacation really is not going to be an issue on this. If anything, we have achieved more credit for vacation than we had before. I have hard time buying into your idea although at least you are offering solutions. If I were a company head, I'd be remiss to pick a company that promised rates based on a trigger with something as important as how schedules are put together. That is the back bone of the airlines operating efficiently *sic*.

So far as the extra "soft pay", if and when we start to see higher net margins, think about what sort of Perf Plus check you've been seeing with 2% versus a 8-9% pay out. On top of that, the expectation is to average one additional day off a month.

Shhhhh- Tarzan, you're making sense..........you're not allowed to do that here........

if you have a better idea, now would be the time to speak up.....

Here is my idea: once every six months every current pilot on the list at the company does a month of reserve. Everyone, from number 1 to the plug does a month on reserve. This includes management pilots, union officers, instructors, everyone. Two months a year on reserve for everyone at the company. This will lower costs, and, mix the lines up for everyone at the company. This is a win win.

This is fair and makes us much more competitive for new flying when it does become available in the (distant) future.

Any other regional doing this? Any objections?

Here is my idea: once every six months every current pilot on the list at the company does a month of reserve. Everyone, from number 1 to the plug does a month on reserve. This includes management pilots, union officers, instructors, everyone. Two months a year on reserve for everyone at the company. This will lower costs, and, mix the lines up for everyone at the company. This is a win win.

This is fair and makes us much more competitive for new flying when it does become available in the (distant) future.

Why don't we just do away with the seniority system while were at it?

Why don't we just do away with the seniority system while were at it?

How about we put everyone at the company is on reserve 24/7/365?
And than we call "dibs" or "shotgun" when you see a trip you like in open time?

CFI2766 said:

Why does everything have to be fair? Life isn't fair.

CFI2766 said:

I believe Westjet has a system similar to this.

eP.

Our flight attendants (up to about 20yrs) each get 3 reserve days on their schedules. So, everyone holds a line.

One thing that I noticed with PBS at our company is the number of days off. I was just looking at my category and the bottom line holders still got 17 days off. I never cared for the way that they built the lines at ASA. Wish you guys the best of luck and hope they will give you good software.

Max,

With all due respect I don't think you understand what pbs will due to you especially if we don't get additional flying. Unless you are in the top 30%. I've gained on vacation with pbs? I turn one week into at least 15-17 days off for 75hrs pay and have hit as high as 20 days. I am not sure if it will jump from 2 to 8-9%, that's a pretty high jump.

Where are the deets. And what in the h - e - double hockey sticks are they proposing to give to us in return for a HUGE QOL decrease. That's a big fat NO vote for me. Ask anyone in the lower 2/3's seniority at any carrier if PBS works for them.

I'm lower 2/3 and it works well for me.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back