• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA PBS is.......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well-of course a line is always better than reserve, but this system is a crapshoot. If you enjoy holding a decent line, you will lose lots of control over specific days off. And yes, I do know how to bid correctly.

The main problem is always going to be related to the quality of trips. Oct had really nice trips. Try bidding based on the complete crap-pile of Nov. There is a good reason we are skipping this month. The system cannot do anything to fix crap trips, and crap trips make everyone's schedule a real mess.

Not everyone is bidding with the fake pbs yet. That is one reason for better line. Although reserves will be needed less. I guess upgrades will go 7 years now. yepee!

Not bad for a vacation month! Oct.4th-10th

I am pretty pleased with being able to extend my vacation. 25 days off with 19 in a row with vacation. The weekends are highlighted in red. My vacation month as follows for October:

1st - off
2nd - off
3rd - off
4th - VAC
5th - VAC
6th - VAC
7th - VAC
8th - VAC
9th - VAC
10th - VAC
11th - off
12th - off
13th - off
14th - off
15th - off
16th - off
17th - off
18th - off
19th - off
20th - A4118 MEM
21st - CLE
22nd - JAN
23rd - ATL
24th - off
25th - off
26th - off
27th - off
28th - A4731 BTR
29th - ATL
30th - off
31st - off

Last edited:
Well-of course a line is always better than reserve, but this system is a crapshoot. If you enjoy holding a decent line, you will lose lots of control over specific days off. And yes, I do know how to bid correctly.

The main problem is always going to be related to the quality of trips. Oct had really nice trips. Try bidding based on the complete crap-pile of Nov. There is a good reason we are skipping this month. The system cannot do anything to fix crap trips, and crap trips make everyone's schedule a real mess.

4 days trips will be limited to 60% I think. Commuters will be able to drop straight drop roundtrips. You will have way more control over your schedule than before, especially if you're senior.

Not everyone is bidding with the fake pbs yet. That is one reason for better line. Although reserves will be needed less. I guess upgrades will go 7 years now. yepee!

If they are not participating that means the live bid will probably be their first "practice bid" so lines should end up being around the same

Upgrades will not get anywhere close to 7 years. We are projected to hire in the Spring, and mainline retirements are right around the corner. Plus with increased efficiencies like dual qual and PBS plus the synergies of the merger, BH surely will find us some growth somewhere.

75 hours. With PBS you can not get a schedule less than 75 hours. The only way you can do that is if you start dropping stuff after the final awards.

correct I was assuming he knew that. I thought he was talking about the actual credit that appears on the award sheet

PBS... something we (almost) got. :)

I like my bid award. For me, the detail that it gives takes care of one of my biggest objections to PBS. I know exactly why I got what I got, for every single pairing.

I was highly opposed to PBS during the last contract, but I've been turned. I think it's going to work out well.

I'm also having a hard time believing that the company understood what it agreed to.

I’m glad that the PBS schedules are looking promising. However it probably is a little early to start celebrating. Not only for the previous stated reason of participation level in the practice bids but for several other variables. First there is a good possibility that the company may change the way that pairings are built in order to make you more available such as very low block pairings. Also the company may consider us very overstaffed for PBS right now. It may be some time before they can right size us to the level that they want. I’ll wait at least a year before I start celebrating.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back