ASA PBS is.......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
is awful. Paycut for all, oh goodie.

For me it was not pay cut at all. It is in fact increase in QOL and a pay increase in vacation months. I really do not see why anyone could view this software as a negative since they took care of the vacation issue. The proof that they took care of the vacation issue is that myself and multiple others achieved more time off through PBS than we did with conventional bidding - while making more money in vacation months.

It results in more hard lines (less guys on reserve). The new opentime systems allows more versatility for trip manipulation. There is less opentime so it *may* fix the red arrow day issue. I think we can all agree there is no other opportunity for relief in sight. Min days off still applies so low blocked trips would - well do the same thing that has been done to us for the past year - 11 or 12 days off per month.

The only complaint to be had is regarding reserve lines and how they award the call out times.

Last edited:
I’m glad that the PBS schedules are looking promising. However it probably is a little early to start celebrating. Not only for the previous stated reason of participation level in the practice bids but for several other variables. First there is a good possibility that the company may change the way that pairings are built in order to make you more available such as very low block pairings. Also the company may consider us very overstaffed for PBS right now. It may be some time before they can right size us to the level that they want. I’ll wait at least a year before I start celebrating.

An educated response. Finally.

75 hours. With PBS you can not get a schedule less than 75 hours. The only way you can do that is if you start dropping stuff after the final awards.

Impressive, that is if when the PBS goes live and EVERYBODY that bids max conflict/time off is able to secure it.

I was highly opposed to PBS during the last contract, but I've been turned. I think it's going to work out well.

I'm also having a hard time believing that the company understood what it agreed to.

I bet they find a way to tweak it so that it sucks.

For me it was not pay cut at all. It is in fact increase in QOL and a pay increase in vacation months. I really do not see why anyone could view this software as a negative since they took care of the vacation issue. The proof that they took care of the vacation issue is that myself and multiple others achieved more time off through PBS than we did with conventional bidding - while making more money in vacation months.

But now we won't be competitive and we will not get new flying. The likes of gojets TSA and Skywest will get any additional flying. In fact we must remain at least the second lowest for DAL so we may start losing flying!

It results in more hard lines (less guys on reserve). The new opentime systems allows more versatility for trip manipulation. There is less opentime so it *may* fix the red arrow day issue.

At XJT, we see open time as a good thing. Thats another thing we dont like about PBS.

But now we won't be competitive and we will not get new flying. The likes of gojets TSA and Skywest will get any additional flying. In fact we must remain at least the second lowest for DAL so we may start losing flying!

At XJT, we see open time as a good thing. Thats another thing we dont like about PBS.

You look at it as a good thing because you can change the crap you didn't want into something more tolerable. What if you got what you wanted at the start? There will still be open time. EVERY airline that has PBS still has some open time, just not the crazy amount that we have now.

You look at it as a good thing because you can change the crap you didn't want into something more tolerable. What if you got what you wanted at the start? There will still be open time. EVERY airline that has PBS still has some open time, just not the crazy amount that we have now.

I may like what I got today but tomorrow circumstances may change that necessitates me wanting something else. I like that flexibility. Its helped me out countless times when stuff comes up. I like the crazy amount. More to chose from if I ever need to look at it.

Big difference already between XJT and ASA already, we hardly have any open time that is made available because they save it for reserves. What is available is rarely able to be swapped for because red arrow days prohibit it, and we have to get it approved to swap in a 12 hour window. If that program applies to XJT after the merge, you won't be so excited about open time any longer, either.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back