• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA parking planes???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yep, I still think the split was BS. I forget the math, but the Capts ended up with something like 82% of the cash, and the FO's the leftover 18%. You can argue the 60/40 crap all day, in the end it still stinks and half of ASA feels they got screwed.

They should have divided it 60/40 from the start, and then distributed it between the separate ranks. The only thing longevity should have counted for was the amendable time of the contract, not your entire career at ASA. This would have kept senior people like myself from getting a way skewed amount compared to my other FO's. Newie knows how I feel about it.

But hey, who listens to me anyhow. I'm just a 3 stripe dummy w/ an opinion that counts 60%.

14RF SUX

It's funny to you that I was wronged? It's acceptable to you that I, as well as other FOs were treated unjustly, simply because we were junior?

This speaks clearly about your intentions and value system. I would suggest that your attitude, when turned against yourself, would be highly irritating to you.

Look, I'm just a casual bystander who has no dog in this fight, but I want to point something out for those of you who do.

Didn't someone make a comment somewhere that the senior ASA pilots would sell the junior ones out in a heartbeat if the company came and offered something in exchange for getting rid of the no furlough clause? And someone representing themselves as a senior pilot said that wouldn't happen? I wonder what could possibly make the junior pilots feel that way when you have comments like this being thrown around:

What's funny is that you take this up as an issue even though you were a very junior FO at the time of signing!

It appears that the true colors are coming out here. A senior pilot telling a junior pilot he has no right to have an opinion just because he's junior? No wonder your junior pilots are running scared. You should think about it. We all know it's bad CRM to shut your FOs down. Those junior FOs can cover your behind or let you look like an idiot depending on how you treat them.

If the ASA pilots are as worried about keeping the performance up and saving the company as they say they are, they should remember that a large majority of their FOs are junior and that it takes two pilots to fly a plane. Alienating half your fellow pilots with that signing bonus probably wasn't the smartest way to go, and I hope you all learned something from it instead of coming up with lame arguments of why it was justified. Now think about that when the company comes knocking for furlough clause relief, because I wouldn't be surprised if they do before this contract of yours is over.

Look, I'm just a casual bystander who has no dog in this fight, but I want to point something out for those of you who do.

Didn't someone make a comment somewhere that the senior ASA pilots would sell the junior ones out in a heartbeat if the company came and offered something in exchange for getting rid of the no furlough clause? And someone representing themselves as a senior pilot said that wouldn't happen? I wonder what could possibly make the junior pilots feel that way when you have comments like this being thrown around:

It appears that the true colors are coming out here. A senior pilot telling a junior pilot he has no right to have an opinion just because he's junior? No wonder your junior pilots are running scared. You should think about it. We all know it's bad CRM to shut your FOs down. Those junior FOs can cover your behind or let you look like an idiot depending on how you treat them.

If the ASA pilots are as worried about keeping the performance up and saving the company as they say they are, they should remember that a large majority of their FOs are junior and that it takes two pilots to fly a plane. Alienating half your fellow pilots with that signing bonus probably wasn't the smartest way to go, and I hope you all learned something from it instead of coming up with lame arguments of why it was justified. Now think about that when the company comes knocking for furlough clause relief, because I wouldn't be surprised if they do before this contract of yours is over.

Another thing about that bonus that pissed a LOT of people off was the fact that time in seat was not taken into account at all! If you upgraded to captain 1 week before the payout you got a CP's share for the whole thing.The FO who was only a few numbers behind them received thousands less... again slanting the payout toward the left seat. When asked at the roadshow why this was the union said "We don't know when folks upgraded"....when told that information could be easily gotten from payroll or Brian Morris they replied "well....it would just be too much work to sort through that". That's BS

Another thing about that bonus that pissed a LOT of people off was the fact that time in seat was not taken into account at all! If you upgraded to captain 1 week before the payout you got a CP's share for the whole thing.The FO who was only a few numbers behind them received thousands less... again slanting the payout toward the left seat. When asked at the roadshow why this was the union said "We don't know when folks upgraded"....when told that information could be easily gotten from payroll or Brian Morris they replied "well....it would just be too much work to sort through that". That's BS

How long have your worked at ASA?

[

Just because the argument has been made before, it's not less valid. Once again, let's recap:

Did the captain suffer more under the prior contract than the FO? Welll, clearly, no. Thus, there is no justifiacation for the irrational thought that the captain should have received more in the bonus. Captains and FOs should have received the same amount, adjusted for the duration that the individual was at the company, during the negotiations.

(It was wrong to divide it between captains and fos, and it was wrong to split the 'shares' of the bonus into slices representing years prior to the contract negotiations.)

It's funny to you that I was wronged? It's acceptable to you that I, as well as other FOs were treated unjustly, simply because we were junior?

This speaks clearly about your intentions and value system. I would suggest that your attitude, when turned against yourself, would be highly irritating to you.

For the record, I am pissed too, as I didn't get the $32.000 in back pay that I thought I deserved? Did I suffer more than you? It's oky, I got screwed too!

Hmmm...Me thinks 'The Speedtape' to be something other than simply a line-flying pilot at ASA. I also believe 'The Speedtape' would have additional credibility if he acknowleged any affiliations he might have.

I live on the planet Earth, am a Homo Sapien, a descendent of Adam and Eve, hold an American citizenship, have fought and defended your freedom in 2 wars, and a fellow pilot. Those are my affiliations--and yours?

Latest resources

Back