• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA parking planes???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If the airlines think oil speculation is bad, they ought to come and check out this thread. Way outta hand in this one.

I'm not being arguementitive here or trying to disrespect your post...but what do you think lies ahead for the airlines and regionals? Sunny skies, puppy dogs and rose petals.........or..........massive reductions and cut backs due to insanely soaring fuel prices? Watch the analysts on cnbc. Listen to T. Boone Pickets. Read the financial pages. Oil is not a bubble that will pop. Speculation has less to do with the price than people think. They hear it on the news and jump on that band wagon. World wide demand is increasing, while supply ever continues to dwindle! If Iran and Isreal get into it.......look out!

As far as the airlines............be smart and save some money. Despite all of it's woes, I love this job, but it may be time to look elsewhere.

I'm not doom and gloom for ASA, but i do think downgrades are possible.

80% of ATL DCI flying for Skywest Inc.

I'd bet money that Delta is putting pressure on Skywest Inc. to come to the table and amend the agreement for relief. Something that in the long run would give us a longer contract with a kickback to normal ops down the road.

Anything is possible right now.

Medeco

Remember about the ASA contract.......

80% of less is still less!

1000 total flights = 800 for ASA

800 total flights = 640 for ASA

Both are happening.

We should actually be concerned over will there be any flying in the coming years.

I think what 79% is trying to say... Is that even if we park every car in the US... China will replace all of that demand in less than ten years.

We all know we aren't parking any cars. Do the math. VLD, MGM... Are you serious. Those won't be on the route map at 200-300 a barrel. ATL-ORD will have 3 flights a day and a seat will cost $1200.

For those of you that wanted the good ol days when only the rich were on airplanes. Good news. Happy days are here again.

EVERYBODY is going to be parking airplanes in the fall. Delta says 70 more 50 seaters will be gone in the fall. It is not a stretch to believe ASA will park 13 or more. Since ASA is the only DCI, or NWA regional for that matter, that does not have a 76 seat airframe, ASA looks to lose out here. Comair is losing planes, Skywest will probably drop some in SLC and who knows if Midwest tanks. Eagle, PSA, Mesa, Freedom, CHQ, Express Jet, Air Wisc..........Everybody is going to lose out here.

Since you have ESP, please pick and publish the winning lottery numbers in the next powerball! I'll give you 50%

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back