ASA parking planes???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ASACRJFlyer

...and not just the three damaged in BTR...

I know I'm just spreading gossip from one board to another but on the APC ASA profile, it says we're parking 13 CRJ 200's in the fall. Anyone have any solid info on this? I'm not the chicken little type but this ain't good. I know you can't park that many airplanes without possible downgrades and f......s, so this could hurt a bit. APC usually doesn't allow baseless gossip into the profile section so I was just curious if anyone had any solid sources for this.

So what if they do? Will anyone be surprised? I won't. And who will be affected? Some 700 hr wonders who think the world revolves around them?

I know I'm just spreading gossip from one board to another but on the APC ASA profile, it says we're parking 13 CRJ 200's in the fall. Anyone have any solid info on this? I'm not the chicken little type but this ain't good. I know you can't park that many airplanes without possible downgrades and f......s, so this could hurt a bit. APC usually doesn't allow baseless gossip into the profile section so I was just curious if anyone had any solid sources for this.

Hate to show my ignorance, but who or what is APC?

Delta makes no announcement, ASA says nothing, SkyWest says nothing, but it's on APC so it's gotta be the truth! Give me a friggen break...

So what if they do? Will anyone be surprised? I won't. And who will be affected? Some 700 hr wonders who think the world revolves around them?

Nope, try some upgrades who have a ton more than 700 hours and have suffered through Skip and LaCrap who now may have to go back to the right seat. But hey, if it doesn't affect you, who cares, right??? Pretty much summarizes what's wrong with this industry...

EVERYBODY is going to be parking airplanes in the fall. Delta says 70 more 50 seaters will be gone in the fall. It is not a stretch to believe ASA will park 13 or more. Since ASA is the only DCI, or NWA regional for that matter, that does not have a 76 seat airframe, ASA looks to lose out here. Comair is losing planes, Skywest will probably drop some in SLC and who knows if Midwest tanks. Eagle, PSA, Mesa, Freedom, CHQ, Express Jet, Air Wisc..........Everybody is going to lose out here.

If we only lose the 12 ATR's and 13 RJ's we will have done pretty well.

Anyone see that documentary on China? I'll sum it up. We Are F86ed! Oil isn't coming back. Sure it might pull back to 100 and stay there for a few months. At the end of the day our way of life is unsustainable. We might survive this round but looking out 10-20 years... A lot less pilots will be required.

Negating the ATRs, the parking of the 200s will put us back to where we were pre-summer flying. I didn't see anybody furloughed then, so I imagine we'll make it through alright.

I still believe something new is coming to replace the ATRs because we have a contract with Delta that specifies a minimum number of block hours per month. It was said before that in the Feb/Mar time frame we were close to the bottom limits of the contract, and that was with the ATRs. So, do the math...

Latest resources

Back