ASA new uniform?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flechas said:
So what do yuo suggest those kids do, stay at their CFI job, making less, no benefits, less job security. C'mon, if you want to encourage someone to do that, why don't you show some balls and quit your job, just because it doesn't pay enough. And as you mentioned it, you may have to stay ther for the rest of your life, not like the ones that didn't know.

Greetings...

Maybe if enough of those kids refused to apply and work for low pay, the airlines would get the hint. Yes I did the same thing several years ago, but like a previous poster said, pre 9-11 most of us would have moved on by now. Those days are over and times have changed. New hires need to be satisfied on FO pay for a good 3 to 6 years now days at least.

Take care

Rob

WSurf said:
Wake up Alice you're still in Wonderland!!! First off the baseball cap is a very good idea while you are flying. The amout of sun on our face is crazy, and can't be that healthy for you. Blinding up all the windows is also a option, but none of us do that!!! :)
And after a 11-13hr work day at any job most people would yank that tie off, unbutton and roll the sleave up!!

Lawrence: Hey Peter, check it out, channel 9, it's the breast exams!

I don't have a problem with any of that, but before you walk back into the cabin where the passengers can see you pull the tie back up and look like a professional. Do what you want in the cockpit with the door closed, that's our office. But look the part when the passengers can see you.

shamrock said:
I think he's referring to the low profile the Comair guys seem to be keeping in ATL since passing the pay freeze proposal.

"3 hour break? I think I'll stay on the airplane."

Ahhh, I didn't even think about taking that into consideration. I'd still come out, though. I commute through there, too, and everyone's been nothing but cordial. Maybe as a 39er, I don't feel any shame in 'coming out!'

Latest resources

Back