Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

"GO AROUND"

Again?!?!?
Last week, representatives of ASA management spoke with the National Mediation Board (NMB), presumably to talk about getting back to the contract negotiations table. Shortly afterward, the NMB contacted our Contract Negotiating Committee to arrange a negotiations status conference. That meeting will be on Wednesday, August 30. The purpose of the status conference is to determine where each side is, if our respective positions have changed and if the gap has been narrowed enough to resume meditated negotiations in the future. The Board has stressed this meeting is not to be construed as the recommencement of negotiations.

Still Holding my breath!!!! Starting to see stars.. Hope this gets done soon...

GO AROUND said:
Last week, representatives of ASA management spoke with the National Mediation Board (NMB), presumably to talk about getting back to the contract negotiations table. Shortly afterward, the NMB contacted our Contract Negotiating Committee to arrange a negotiations status conference. That meeting will be on Wednesday, August 30. The purpose of the status conference is to determine where each side is, if our respective positions have changed and if the gap has been narrowed enough to resume meditated negotiations in the future. The Board has stressed this meeting is not to be construed as the recommencement of negotiations.

Git-R-dun!

Let's see UPS, Fed Ex and now Airtran have all recently got a TA. Man I hope it's our time also. Hopefully both sides can give a little and get this done.

GO AROUND said:

Starting to see stars? You're only at that point, huh? Well you still have the fun stage ahead!

This "leadership" team is an absolute disgrace.

Trying my hardest to get on with another company...

goahead said:
Let's see UPS, Fed Ex and now Airtran have all recently got a TA. Man I hope it's our time also. Hopefully both sides can give a little and get this done.
Airtran TA??? TA ,what TA I haven't heard from NaTran.

Surely with the RFP coming up and the absolute rock bottom moral and performance here at ASA.....mgm't will realize we have to get something done soon on the contract to at least have a shot at moving in a positive direction. With the Skywest SAPA proposal out of the bag and the strong earnings numbers, I hope they realize the strong arm concessionary talk is a waste of time. Hopefully we can get something done this week at the table......<keeping my fingers crossed>

letthebigdogeat said:
Starting to see stars? You're only at that point, huh? Well you still have the fun stage ahead!

This "leadership" team is an absolute disgrace.

Trying my hardest to get on with another company...

I think I've been through the fun stage many times before this one. I have taken a few breaths when I thought the company was actually wanting to get this done. LOL

Copy Dat!
and
Ditto!

on the latter stuff.

jstyle13 said:
Surely with the RFP coming up and the absolute rock bottom moral and performance here at ASA.....mgm't will realize we have to get something done soon on the contract to at least have a shot at moving in a positive direction. With the Skywest SAPA proposal out of the bag and the strong earnings numbers, I hope they realize the strong arm concessionary talk is a waste of time. Hopefully we can get something done this week at the table......<keeping my fingers crossed>

I hope things can get restarted at the table this week. It is up to the company to show some movement to the mediator so the union can in turn show some.

Charlie wrote a nice "it's all ALPA's fault we don't have a contract" letter on FLICA.

DON'T YOU BELIEVE IT.

What a Tool!!!

"we didn't want the recess", then you should have been negotiating then!

I wonder if it would be going too far to write him and tell him to shove his letters up his Arse!!!!

Latest resources

Back