ASA Negotiations...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GO AROUND said:
Charlie wrote a nice "it's all ALPA's fault we don't have a contract" letter on FLICA.

DON'T YOU BELIEVE IT.

What a Tool!!!

"we didn't want the recess", then you should have been negotiating then!

I wonder if it would be going too far to write him and tell him to shove his letters up his Arse!!!!

These clowns in ASA mgt continue to shoot themselves in the foot! What an untimely letter. Uh, I believe their last offer was a take-it-or-leave offer, and it was so pathetic we didn't take it. We countered, and they didn't, so ASA is the reason talks were recessed. CT is fulla sheeet! Are they really this stupid, or just love to piss us off? Guess this attitude is what we're headed for Wed. What a bunch of jerks!

VOTED IN FAVOR!

This time might be a little different. More flying is up for grabs, they can't offer a bid for it if they don’t know there cost. They don't know their long term cost without a contract.

I hope ALPA plans to pull the Defined Benefit Plan off the table. If you think a pension is going to be there for you are crazy. I want to see much better matching and/or a super 401K.

Also, did you guys know that ASA Mgt rotates their jobs? No wonder nothing gets accomplished! This sounds like an idea out of a Masters Program from a professor that never worked a day in his or her life.

Rotating clowns, that’s funny!

if our pilots would just settle for mesa contract we could get on with life. Trust me, thats the best you are going to get.

scott hall said:
if our pilots would just settle for mesa contract we could get on with life. Trust me, thats the best you are going to get.
Greatest Flightinfo username ever.

CTS said:
This time might be a little different. More flying is up for grabs, they can't offer a bid for it if they don’t know there cost. They don't know their long term cost without a contract.

I agree that this RFP might be what's needed to get the contract settled. However, it is not the pilots' fault that management is behind the 8-ball on this one.

I hope ALPA plans to pull the Defined Benefit Plan off the table. If you think a pension is going to be there for you are crazy. I want to see much better matching and/or a super 401K.
I would agree that the Defined Benefit plan may not be the most reasonable thing to ask for. However, the whole reason why the DB plan still exists on the proposal may be because ALPA expects to trade it away for a higher 401(k) match. This is all part of the give-and-take process.

I guess you guys never read the ALPA proposal. It is not a defined benefit, it is a defined contribution. What ALPA is asking for is another "401(k)" account which the company pays into.

ASACAPT said:
I guess you guys never read the ALPA proposal. It is not a defined benefit, it is a defined contribution. What ALPA is asking for is another "401(k)" account which the company pays into.

You're right, I misspoke.

Personally I would like to see the retention of the defined contribution plan. In this day and age you have to fight for all you can get for retirement. Also, I know there are alot of guys out there still dreaming of flying bigger equipment, but don't count on it. Make yourself a comfortable bed now, with the ability to retire at somepoint in your life, and if you can move on later great, but don't use that asumption in making your choice on a contract.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back