Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Negotiations grind to a halt (again)! ASA management out of touch with reality!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So which is it jerkweed? You're constantly talking about how SkyWest pilots are whores and talking about their low wages. Now you claim by getting more money they somehow screwed the ASA pilots? What was going on with negotiations the years before SkyWest bought ASA?

Maybe you should stick to something you know something about.
SkyWest pilots are still making less than they did 7 years ago.
No raise for the turboprop pilots so I don't know WTF you're talking about when you say they got more money.

1% for the CRJ-200 - That doesn't do much to get pilots caught up with inflation or to partly compensate for the concessions taken.

A tiny override for up to 99 seats that only applies to block hours flown in that airframe.

Total value of package is about the same as the 1.5% across the board raise that was passed up a year ago.

NO COLA raises opon approval or anytime in the next 4 years

No QOL or work rule improvements. Recent penstroke policy changes are worsening compensation

900 rates below Mesa

18 month TA was expired for over 2 years but not a dime of retro.

And the only reason they even got a raise offered is the union drive was starting up.

Now how does this effect ASA pilots? Quite simple. By approving the recent pay deal and insuring that SKYW pilots remain below Express Jet, Comair and Horizon wage growth for ASA pilots is also inhibited. The ASA 50 seat rates could remain below SkyWest and there will be pressure to adopt a single rate with tiny overrides. PBS will undoubtedly be a negotiating chip since it saves SGU a ton of money.

They can ask all they want, but I will not help out by picking up trips for them. My frustration lies with the company not properly staffing the airline, not scheduling trying to do their jobs. Try and cover the trips, and when you realize you don't have a large enough pool of pilots, then cancel trips.

How about hold the person in charge of staffing levels accountable, instead of asking the frontline employees to cover your mistakes?

Then who were you referring to having the nerve to ask you to pick up open time?

On a side note, how many of your guys have taken the recall at Delta or United? How many have you lost to Jet Blue or Southwest in the last 6 months?

Maybe you should stick to something you know something about.
SkyWest pilots are still making less than they did 7 years ago.

Really? How many paycuts have SkyWest’s pilots taken? Zero. How many have Northwest, United, and Delta taken? How much less are they making compared to 7 years ago? How much is Comair being asked to give up?

No raise for the turboprop pilots so I don't know WTF you're talking about when you say they got more money.

I never said the turboprop pilots got more money. They got screwed, but their pay doesn’t really have much to do with the ASA 200 and 700 rates. That would be like saying ASA’s ATR rates have some bearing on SkyWest’s 200 and 700 rates.

1% for the CRJ-200 - That doesn't do much to get pilots caught up with inflation or to partly compensate for the concessions taken.

The ASA 50 seat rates could remain below SkyWest

The 1% still keeps them higher than ASA’s 200 rates, as you yourself said.

Then who were you referring to having the nerve to ask you to pick up open time?

On a side note, how many of your guys have taken the recall at Delta or United? How many have you lost to Jet Blue or Southwest in the last 6 months?

Management was who I was referring to. Scheduling may have sent out the memo, but at 150% pay, it was surely OK'd by the GO.

Not sure about our turnover. I'm sure somebody can answer that for you. But, enough that after displacing 15-20 Captains a few months ago, we are now upgrading close to 70. That "shot across the bow" ended up being them shooting themselves in the foot.

I have asked this before without results, I'm not being fasticious: How does a regional feeder who is basically a contractor, not a full blown airline, get scope?

Thanks

It is time for the pilot group to take a walk. Screw ASA and Skywest, these management groups suck and only deserve the worst.

SSDD-

We can only achieve intracompany scope. It is impossible to get otherwise with what you do not control. The flying ASA does belongs to Delta, period.

I just picked up a 13 hour 2day that will pay me 19.5 hours which will put me over 105 hours for the month. I helped myself out and nobody had to be drafted for the trip - it's a win/win for everyone. You hardcore ALPA types can lecture all day long, but most of us will continue to pick up the time and a half open time.

And, that sir, is why you are a dou-che! At least we should be able to smell you around the crew lounge.

And, that sir, is why you are a dou-che! At least we should be able to smell you around the crew lounge.

We all want another fair contract....but we all dont know each others financial status. I'm glad that there are people put there to pick up these trips so I dont get JR manned.
Just remember ANYTIME a delta pilot picks up a trip on their off day its at time and a half. Maybe this should be the normal..just like overtime!

Myopic Vision

No one wants to be extended when they are ready to go home. No one likes to pick up their phone and hear scheduling on the other end (remember that you don't have to pick up your phone if you don't know the number).

By picking up the open time hand job, you are adding some pocket change to your pocket. Nice going. Enjoy your extra latte. (I am an addict too)

While we all wait for a pay raise that won't even meet inflation you give yourself a tiny TEMPORARY pay raise. Don't believe me, do the math. Averaged out over the month the money isn't as impressive as you think.

Or, you could help out and secure RETRO and the overdue pay raise we have all been doing our jobs for.

I know most of the trips will get covered. It will suck for those who get extended. But the company will run out of pilots and have to cancel trips. Then they might just be held accountable for the staffing fiasco instead of getting a slap on the back and an atta boy when all the trips are covered by underpaid desperate pilots.

Don't think it will make a difference? We will only know if you make the little sacrifice now.

It is time. The company desperately needs our cooperation. It is time. We have been good little boys and girls, doing our jobs and even going the extra mile for our passengers our our company. We need to do something for ourselves.

Latest resources

Back