Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Negotiations grind to a halt (again)! ASA management out of touch with reality!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree with fins. Scope is my number 1 remaining issue. We have the scheduling/reserve/ and many of our QOL shortcomings addressed in TA'd sections. I can't see 700 pay coming up. 200 pay needs to match Skywest & Comair, and we need the Skywest bonus plan. I also don't see full retro as a possibility. But, Scope has got to be addressed, and what the Co. is proposing is laughable at best.

I agree with you.

Fins- well said above.

A little flexing of muscle (or sabre rattling ) may be in order. Corporate america needs to be reminded of 17th century France. Let the revolution begin!

OK now for some coffee....

Best of luck to the ASA guys.

A contract that is 4+ years expired, their latest offer doesn't give a raise to the CR7 pilots....and they have the nerve to ask me to help out with the open time trips. :rolleyes:

Crew scheduling doesn't have anything to do with your contract. What do you want them to do? Just cancel stuff or try to cover it first?

Sorry you guys got royally hosed by the SKYW pilots voting in the latest pay deal. Now SGU doesn't want to give you what you're worth because you'd come out on top of the hometown crowd.

So which is it jerkweed? You're constantly talking about how SkyWest pilots are whores and talking about their low wages. Now you claim by getting more money they somehow screwed the ASA pilots? What was going on with negotiations the years before SkyWest bought ASA?

Crew scheduling doesn't have anything to do with your contract. What do you want them to do? Just cancel stuff or try to cover it first?

They can ask all they want, but I will not help out by picking up trips for them. My frustration lies with the company not properly staffing the airline, not scheduling trying to do their jobs. Try and cover the trips, and when you realize you don't have a large enough pool of pilots, then cancel trips.

How about hold the person in charge of staffing levels accountable, instead of asking the frontline employees to cover your mistakes?

Last edited:
Some would call it helping the company I call it helping myself to extra cash. If the trips aren't picked up in open time then some poor slob will be extended anyway.

Scheduling extends people one rountrip at a time, not a whole trip at a time.

Plus, with most of us blocked in the 90s next month, there won't be much picking up of trips anyway.

I just picked up a 13 hour 2day that will pay me 19.5 hours which will put me over 105 hours for the month. I helped myself out and nobody had to be drafted for the trip - it's a win/win for everyone. You hardcore ALPA types can lecture all day long, but most of us will continue to pick up the time and a half open time.

Latest resources

Back