Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Negotiations grind to a halt (again)! ASA management out of touch with reality!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
First, the union has moved on the 70 rates. If you look at the update that was e-mailed to you after they finished negotiations, it shows that. We started out at 120 an hr for the 18 year 70 guys and now it is somewhere near 106 an hr. That is a lot of movement on out part. We have even moved down from what we were asking this summer. It was in the ball park of 110 an hr. We as a union have moved. The company as barley budged. I agree with many of the above posts. The company does not have the desire to get this done for one reason. They do not feel that this pilot group that the balls to go on strike. Just ask them. Heck it has been four frickin years. I do think that they are mistaken. I have not flown with one person that is not sick of all of the BS.
It looks like we lost that Frontier flying. Oh well. They cannot use the cost issue anymore. Offering a 50% override for open time pick ups proves that it is not a money issue. If it was they would have hired a long time ago. They are playing dumb. It suits them well, but they know exactly what they are doing. It will not work, but there is malice behind every move they make.

They should look into hiring simians. I swear I've flown with a few recently. Why pay more?

2.8%

An RJ will taxi awfully slow at idle plus 2.8% N1. Sorry if I'm backing things up - but since the POH says to taxi no faster than 15 kts, and we don't have any way to determine speed on the ground below 40, I'm just being safe and complying with the POH. Now if the sell-outs would stop taxiing so fast! Getting overblock - I'll get a pay-raise somehow.

The company does not have the desire to get this done for one reason. They do not feel that this pilot group that the balls to go on strike. ...It will not work, but there is malice behind every move they make.
The Company doesn't have the deisre to get this done because they don't think we can get released and they have a pool of alter ego pilots eagerly waiting to take "our" flying.

They are also well aware that ALPA National's political priorities are set on the return of brand flying to mainline pilots at preferred alter ego carriers like Compass.

Management knows that ALPA is putting the small jet pilots on the battle front of "industry leading" while they cut back room deals that have lower pay rates using mainline pilots.

It is for just this very reason that management will not budge on its pay rates. And if they do have to give in, they will use ALPA's scope disaster to simply transfer the flying out to the non union alternative.

If ASA passes along industry leading, we will lead ourselves right past Delta and there will be no economic incentive to outsource flying, at least not to ASA.

We have to have scope - something that glues the Company to our flying - before we can have management's respect.

You know its illegal and frankly, it might just be worth it.

Guys, I said it before....management is waiting, and will not negotiate in good faith until Comair pilots negotiate concessions, so ASA management can slam those new rates and work rules on the table and say 'this is the going DCI rate'! Don't say apples and oranges because they were dragged into bankrupcy by Delta. Their rates will influence what we get offered. It will be hard to convince the mediator that we can/should/or deserve more to fly he same stuff as Comair for much better than they have. The 50 seat rates will go up a bit, and the 700 rates will probably be unchanged much, as we would be the highest DCI 70 rate on our current book. I predict a TA will come fast after Comairs concessionary deal, and we may not like the results, but we are about to be held over the barrel here.

Guys, I said it before....management is waiting, and will not negotiate in good faith until Comair pilots negotiate concessions, so ASA management can slam those new rates and work rules on the table and say 'this is the going DCI rate'! Don't say apples and oranges because they were dragged into bankrupcy by Delta. Their rates will influence what we get offered. It will be hard to convince the mediator that we can/should/or deserve more to fly he same stuff as Comair for much better than they have. The 50 seat rates will go up a bit, and the 700 rates will probably be unchanged much, as we would be the highest DCI 70 rate on our current book. I predict a TA will come fast after Comairs concessionary deal, and we may not like the results, but we are about to be held over the barrel here.

It pains me to agree with you, but unfortunately, I think you are right on target.

Latest resources

Back