Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Negotiations grind to a halt (again)! ASA management out of touch with reality!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am a pro union guy but I have a question on this latest counter proposal. The union wants CB plus 11.5% on the 50 seater for captains. Last May the union wanted CB plus 11.75%. Now, for the F/0 on the 50 seater the union wants 10.75%. Last May, it was CB plus 10.5%. Why did the union raise the offer for the first officers? It doesn't look like the union budged on pay. What are your thoughts on a fair amount that both sides should come to?

Why should they budge at all? Remember, this contract has been amendable for over four years now. That's four years of inflation working against the payrates. Take a look at this:

3-year FO Rate in current book: $35/hr
What rate should be if adjusted for inflation: $39
What rate would be if the company accepted the 10.75% raise: $38.75

As you can see, even if the Association received exactly what they are currently asking for, it would still be a paycut when adjusted for inflation. Why on Earth would you think they should give more ground?

Should have voted for the LJ Coalition.

Tle loser returns! How about those voting results superpoop! Guess you don't know this pilot group like you think you do. Now go do your job that your scab daddy got for you!

STRIKE This Airline Now!
Enough is Enough!

I think 2.8% for CR2 Captains is more than enough! Add in performance plus and you get about an extra $150 a month on average. After all we only make about 200 million a year in profit. It's all about being competative guys! A 10% raise would put you up there with Express Jet and 8% with CHQ, we need to stay near the bottem, stock prices matter more than pilot pay!

Wow, those wages at CHQ are just killin' them. What, they just got the Frontier deal, not SkyWest? What gives. Could there be more to this than fifty cents an hour for the Pilot?

What about 90 rates? Are we negotiating a combined 70/90 rate?
Also, what about scope?

It is truly a shame ALPA National doesn't want one list. Putz. I say what the heck, toss one list with same pay rates on the table and see what happens.

There is actually a procedure for pushing without headsets now. Having said that, in Atlanta, I don't think it's safe and I won't do it.

Wow, the POI must have had mercy on poor-stupid-ASA managment. I agree about not pushing without headsets.

why should mgmt be in a hurry now to move with the contract? They have probably known all week that we didn't get the Frontier flying. We got squat going for us, so why push to get things done? I am not bitter... really.

YOU KNOW there are too many redneck goobers salivating at the time-and-a-half prospect. They'll tell their friends real proud like that they're makin' $130 an hour.

Yet, based on Betty's company email she recieved an overwhelming positive reponse to the opentime.

Good timing for the company to post the majority of opentime the day prior to us getting ticked off again.

Geez!!!

Medeco
The summer from hell (2000) worked pretty good for the United pilots when trying to get their contract finished up. They refused to fly open time and it cost UAL plenty and they got at fat contract out of it for a short time.

Hi!

I DO think ASA mgmt, as well as Pinnacle, Mesaba, Comair, etc. are WAY out of touch with reality. Have they been talking to their recruiters and training department to see what the numbers and experience levels of the pilots they are getting?

I don't think they realize how bad the pilot shortage is at the low end. And, doing these contracts, they don't realize that every 6 months, it just gets worse and worse for them. The new pilot starts (student pilots) according to the FAA, are down 50% over the last 5 years! Couple that with less and less military pilots being trained, and the fact that more and more aircraft are flying, where do these regional managers think they're going to get guys with these low pay rates?

Clueless!

cliff
GRB

Latest resources

Back