• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA MGMT proposes CONCESSIONS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is the rub. While I agree with that theory, if LiarBreque and SKW wanted this contract done ASAP, they would say.....'look, here is what we can afford to keep our DCI contract, continue to grow and profit'. Payrates are the smallest issue at ASA, taking a hugh backseat to QOL. If they were really serious, they would have addressed those issues in their proposal. THEY DID NOT!!!!! In fact, many QOL issues were concessionary too! This is UNACCEPTABLE!!!! If we are being asked to give $$$ back to improve their viability or profitability, then they should BEND OVER BACKWARDS to give us things that certainly cost nothing to improve our QOL! This is why I am insulted. I realize that we can no longer say 'ASA is profitable, or made record profits", because we dont know what Delta is now willing to pay for our services. Like I said before, ACA and AirWisc went down this road, and it was ugly. Maybe Delta has contracted to pay SKW so little that there really is almost no profit margin. Who knows? But dont cme to me with no improvements in QOL. WHY CAN I STILL NOT SWAP TRIPS THAT I WANT THAT ARE DENIED FOR NO REALISTIC REASON?!?!?!? WHY IS THERE NO SENIORITY BASED RESERVE OR JUNIOR MANNING IN PLACE? Why do we still have integration, no back-side of the clock flying protection, why are there 3 day trips THAT PAY ME 3 HOURS!!!!!! etc.....
Offer fixes to these problems, then MAYBE we can talk about realistic payrates. However, ANY AND ALL pay concessions (I am on the 700) will only be considered by me if there is profit sharing and/or some sort of snap back for future profitability. I will not finance management bonuses and bottom line.

Guys,

I am as pissed as the rest of you are here, at the insulting offer we recieved this week.

BUT, remember this is the companies opening offer. From the company stand point they would be foolish to offer anything better than they did as an initial offer.

The real negotiations have now begun, and the next 15 meetings will be the truth teller.

The March date, in my opinion has nothing to do with Delta mainline, and everything to to with the mediator saying, Ok you guys say you want this resolved quickly, lets set a date and see how committed you are, this is a goal the mediator has set. I am guessing that if we are still at an impass he will release both sides.

I think many of you are forgetting that SKYWEST was just offered a pay raise just a few months ago, so why cant we get current payrate, plus QOL issues matching industry standards, and live to fight another day.

If the QOL is not improved significantly, then I am voting no.

Medeco

AdamKooper said:
You know something I wish people would stop with this strike BULL. While I don't think we should take concessions I think we should take a look at the fact that while we scream for more pay airlines like comair and xjet are getting gutted. I'm not saying we should bend over and take it from management but I think we should hold off on the strikes and greedy pay increases and hope we don’t end up a mesa food.

From someone that does not know how negotiations work.

And since you feel that we are "Greedy", why don't you tell us what is "our" position on scheduling and pay rates.

I think that we have lost sight that we, ASA, have a lower cost than Skywest does and that is one of the many reasons why we were purchased and not CMR.

Also, Skywest did not want to give any ground to Mesa when it came to more DCI flying.

Tim47SIP said:
I do think we might as well prepare our selves for some very bad news in the non rev arena.

We will also include Skywest per "their" DCI Agreement.

Take a stand fellas, don't take this horseshit. Every respectable "regional" is under attack.

pilotyip said:
This is still a great career where else can a high school grad plan on making $100K per year by his mid-30's
Not for long! keep thinking like this.
Stupid, stupid, stupid
PBR

Texx said:
I think that we have lost sight that we, ASA, have a lower cost than Skywest does and that is one of the many reasons why we were purchased and not CMR.

Also, Skywest did not want to give any ground to Mesa when it came to more DCI flying.

I would say the main reason you were bought over comair is for your position in Atlanta. cincinnatti is a dying hub and atlanta is become more and more central so it only made sense to purchase ASA for your gates and atlanta operation.

Medeco said:
BUT, remember this is the companies opening offer. From the company stand point they would be foolish to offer anything better than they did as an initial offer.

I can understand your point, and if this had been the offer 3 YEARS AGO I don't think there would be such an uproar. At that point it would have just been an opening offer. But seeing as how the company has wasted everyones time for the past 3 years they're going to have to do just a little bit better than this if they are really serious about getting an agreement hammered out.

Just my opinion, of course.

Tim47SIP said:
All this contract needs is some some significant quality of life issues fixed and most of us would be happy.... basic QOL issues.
Yes, this may be the first airline shut down over non economic reasons. But it will be shut down.... Too many years of too much abuse.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back