• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA MGMT proposes CONCESSIONS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think this is part of their strategy. They know that we will not accept this P.O.S proposal. They want us to beg and be greatful for what we have now. Just my thoughts.

Anybody else notice that the deadline that the mediator/company set (Mar. 3rd) is about 90 days from a week or so ago? Thinking the rumour about BL getting canned if he can't get the contract resolved in 90 days has some weight to it.
3 yrs thus far, 90 more days just to see BL shown the door. Hmmmm.

Crappy contract now and when they can't meet the Cost box they put us in, in a few years they ask for more. F*ck that! I'll be Mr. mom full time to my boys before I agree to all the crap they have proposed.

Wanna start a betting pool that the companies next move after the CNC tells them where they can stick it is? "That's our last, final, and best offer."

I can see that happening, and us taking and passing a strike vote....

thence.......

SkyW transfering the a/c they want/neet to their certif. Mesa, etc moving in to fill the void and bye bye ASA.

Look at the road ACA went down. It is similar. United wanted them to lower their costs to meet lower payment for their services or face being replaced by others. (Air Wisconsin met this same fate.) They refused, chosing rather to strike out on heir own......look where they are now.
Now look to Comairs situation. Ours is the same, we are just owned by a different company. They are asking for the same thing from us as Comair ---- Lower our costs because Big D is going to pay less for our services. This is a lose - lose for us. Become what we hate, or be replaced by them.

I, for one, wont do it. I would rather get a new job than spend another 3 or 4 years in the right seat for $35,000/year! My choice may be made for me first.

As a group, we, all airline pilots need to start making some noise. I think a good place to start is by calling your local congressmen. It doesn't matter if you're REP or DEM or neither. The point is to just make noise and let these nonworking politicians know what the common folk are having to deal with now at days. In part because of their agendas and lack of caring or understanding if you ask me. The system is rigged to protect and back the big guys not us. Also calling your governors and mayors might not be a bad idea as well.

I know this is a long shot but at the very least this might get these greety BSTs publicity that they may not want. This is getting rediculous! This is not about saving companies and all that other Kool-aid they try to feed us. It's clear to me and should be to every other pilot out there, that this is plain greed. Elections are not too far away, Senators, House Reps might have an open ear. Who knows, it's worth a shot.

Last edited:
Anybody else notice that the deadline that the mediator/company set (Mar. 3rd) is about 90 days from a week or so ago? Thinking the rumour about BL getting canned if he can't get the contract resolved in 90 days has some weight to it.
3 yrs thus far, 90 more days just to see BL shown the door. Hmmmm

Anybody wonder what would happen to us if BL gets canned? I guarantee Atkin wouldn't send over someone to play nice with us. Of course, I'm not sure that anybody could do much worse.

79%N1 said:
Look at the road ACA went down. It is similar.

No doubt. Although I bet there are a couple hundred old ACA'ers that wish they had the choice you guys do now to do over again: They'd get to keep that old seniority number, old domicile, not have to start at the bottom somewhere else (rolling the dice AGAIN with potential upgrade time), not have to sell their houses and move, etc.

Painful choice to be sure, best wishes to all you guys...

You know something I wish people would stop with this strike BULL. While I don't think we should take concessions I think we should take a look at the fact that while we scream for more pay airlines like comair and xjet are getting gutted. I'm not saying we should bend over and take it from management but I think we should hold off on the strikes and greedy pay increases and hope we don’t end up a mesa food.

Greedy pay increases?

I think at this point ASA pilots would settle for keeping the current crappy contract...instead of entering into an even crappier contract.

Last edited:
GO AROUND said:

No, I do not think Brian LaBreque is that significant. The decision regarding Delta's pilot contract which also has a March deadline is significant. We have always bargained for the left overs.

I wonder what the Delta boys are bidding for our 70 seat flying? I imagine the arbitration is probably kept confidential, so as usual, the mainline guys know what we are up to (thanks to ALPA) but we have no idea what they are conspiring to do. It would be good to know if we are being undercut by our mainline brothers. I am guessing that is the case and if so, we might look at the 70 seat pay offer from another perspective.

In this "race for the bottom" ALPA has probably given mainline a set of racing slicks, a bigger motor and a tank of high octane.

I sure would like to know what my union is up to....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back