ASA MGMT proposes CONCESSIONS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GO AROUND said:
No chip. Just ironic that you guys get so upset over something you spit at years ago. Wasn't important then but it is now? Bunch a hypocrits if you ask me.

My point was that any pilot actually thinks they own any flying if kidding themselves.

As much as you'd like to think otherwise, DALPA could've had the -700's if they had wanted. At the time, they chose to negotiate differently. Please keep your opinions low-key, and don't rub it in their faces. Our flying could be the next to be outsourced. Sad but true.

ReportCanoa said:
As much as you'd like to think otherwise, DALPA could've had the -700's if they had wanted. At the time, they chose to negotiate differently. Please keep your opinions low-key, and don't rub it in their faces. Our flying could be the next to be outsourced. Sad but true.
Exactly - they sold the flying and it no longer "belongs" to them. It should be protected by the ALPA members who have been performing it. Unfortunately ALPA National has the view that no one's flying is to be protected and alter ego airlines are a good thing as long as they suit the union's short term goals.

ReportCanoa said:

This was my point earlier. They didn't want it then cause it was below them. But now they are willing to fly them for less than we do just to get them on property and try to renegotiate the rates later? Pretty pathetic! The rats can have this race, I'm out as soon as I can. Flying job or not.

Fear not, once ASA has made its "concessions" your new found associates at SKYW will make theirs.

The company (SKYW) has the right to match the low bidder to keep its DCI flying. You can bet they will try.

Nevermind - But I do not think ASA's pilots will accept concessions. I just don't see it happening.

~~~^~~~ said:
Nevermind - But I do not think ASA's pilots will accept concessions. I just don't see it happening.

Really?! Ask the CMR pilots if they would either?? You may not have a choice if it comes down to a vote! There is a lot of tough talk among the industry, but when it comes down to "walking the walk," we have shown (as pilots) we are our own worst enemy, when being forced out of this "lifestlye" we have become used to.

737:

ASA is a unique place. Comair and even Delta enjoyed a much better and more trusting relationship with management than ASA has. Other than a small group of super senior guys and management pilots, I don't see anyone who has anything to lose by shutting this place down. It isn't like we have retirement that we are trying to save, or a great quality of life.

ALPA is trying to nail us from one side and management is getting us on the other. Probably the best thing for ASA is for the pilots to stand together and do what it takes.

If there was a carrot, perhaps some of the junior guys would reconsider. But with seniority list stagnation I don't see anyone going for concessions. Remember the Comair guys thought they were buying some flying away from the other DCI carriers. There was some bait, but like most predators, taking the bait was a mistake.

Hopefully we will finally get to vote, soon, and start making plans to withdraw our services.

Surplus1 makes a good point with his Clint Eastwood quote.

Last edited:
Take a look back at SW and WestAir. The company went away and SW melted them into their system. Looks to me like this is going to be an excellent opportunity for SW to try and break the union and add the system to theirs. No flame here - just a little history reminder from SW. My fingers are crossed for you ASA guys. I would however do your best to avoid a strike, as this is just what SW would like to see.

Good Luck - Baja.

:uzi:What most people are forgetting is that these other carriers were not in ATL. WE OWN ATL. If we were to stike, Big D would be in DEEP SH2T! Try to replace 900 flights a day. Don't see it happening, especially with other regionals. There are not enough aircraft to make it happen. We hold all of the cards! This last offer needs to be set in BL @ss and Set Afire! This should Piss every ASA pilot right off. If you were on the fence before, you should definately be on our side of STRIKING NOW!! Show some spine. No One else has, We really have nothing to lose. This job and QOL SUCKS!! Only the bottom feeders will want to stay! Give me the Strike Vote NOW!!

73... Like fins said, WE have NOTHING to lose. It makes me laugh when mainline guys try to see what we are going through...Very few came from the regionals so they have no idea. We don't have "green slip trips," you know where you make double time. Real nice for your furlughee's! Go back to sleep and shut it!

FDJ2.... I heard it on many jumpseats. "I don't want my Mil buddy to have to fly an rj. It is beneath their qualifications! Please!

What ALPA or union carrier is gonna fly struck work? If it comes to that.

Latest resources

Back