• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA MEC re-elects same officers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FOs also got screwed on the signing bonus. Coincidence?

I would love to here someone logically defend this position! FO's got paid a % of what the captains got paid, which is the same way there pay scale is derived. How is that not fair...are you suggesting that there pay scale is unfair in the sense that they make less than captains? Are you suggesting, then, that FO's be paid as much as captain (in terms of hourly pay)?

Texx,

To put it plainly, you are wrong about PD. To say what you are saying means you haven't the slightest clue as to what kind of time...HIS PERSONAL, UNPAID TIME... that he VOLUNTEERS to do what he does. He receives hundreds of calls per week and is VERY diligent to call each person back and follow up on every issue. He is an excellent commitee member and is very genuine. When people are unsatisfied with his findings, it is always misdirected anger. PD cannot change the contract, and when a persons rights under the contract have not been violated, there is not much he can do...and no amount of "huffing and puffing" on there part can change that. In other words, the people that usually get upset with him are the ones that don't know/understand the contract. PD...knows it and understands it better than anyone (with respect to Sec. 13).

And the time PD had a FED on the jumpseat and PD started screaming at the ATC... Misdirected anger.

If this statement is at me all I can say is HAHAHAH!

Texx,

Your rebuttal makes no sense at all...unless you are implying that I am PD and that I got caught "screaming" at ATC. Otherwise, it has nothing to do with your statements and does nothing to further your argument..."...Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul." (Billy Madison)

Anyhow, back to what I was saying. Let me assure you that I am not PD. I am just a line pilot who happens to appreciate what he does and, furthermore, do not like it when people, who haven't a clue as to the amount of time and dedication it takes to do it day in and day out, criticize him for his service.

Last edited:
Please expound on the corruption of which you speak. Please provide specific events, persons, and times! You should not yell fire and then run out of the room. Making such broad accusations is a dangerous thing to do and implicates innocent people that don't deserve your paranoid and pathological drama!

"I'm not at all like my online personalities in person." Ladies and gentlemen, that says it all! And, he accuses others of talking out of both sides of their mouth! My clinical guess is that you have always claimed that you are misunderstood--is there a term for that? Maybe you don't see yourself clearly! But most of us do!

Gee whiz, for someone who retired from ASA almost two years ago, you sure speak like you have a clue. Pick up a lot of info over there at FSI?

No, you're right, Mike. I know nothing. I have no insider ALPA experience. I've never sat at $1000 steak dinners at Longhorn with the Comair MEC. I've never seen the $5000 bar tab at the LAS BOD meeting that got rolled into NT's SPC slush fund. I'm just a big mouth and everyone should just ignore me. I have no useful information. That's why DU called me last night and left a message to call him "at my earliest convenience". He usually calls me when I speak of such things. Last time he called me was when I was campaigning the MEC to put the contract out for vote early last September. Danny called and asked me to STFU and just trust them because I was "undermining their control of the pilot group". Guess I just need to STFU, I'm making them look bad again. Guess the truth hurts.

If4f out.

Last time he called me was when I was campaigning the MEC to put the contract out for vote early last September. Danny called and asked me to STFU and just trust them because I was "undermining their control of the pilot group". Guess I just need to STFU, I'm making them look bad again. Guess the truth hurts.

If4f out.

Wow....its no wonder you are such an outcast. Me thinks you were probably doing a lot more than campaigning the MEC. You were probably out in the crew rooms undermining all of the work that the MEC was doing. Divisive behavior like this is the primary reason why Unions have to sell themselves short just to get a deal.

Back in the "good ol' days" they had holes in the desert for people like you.

Gee whiz, for someone who retired from ASA almost two years ago, you sure speak like you have a clue. Pick up a lot of info over there at FSI?

No, you're right, Mike. I know nothing. I have no insider ALPA experience. I've never sat at $1000 steak dinners at Longhorn with the Comair MEC. I've never seen the $5000 bar tab at the LAS BOD meeting that got rolled into NT's SPC slush fund. I'm just a big mouth and everyone should just ignore me. I have no useful information. That's why DU called me last night and left a message to call him "at my earliest convenience". He usually calls me when I speak of such things. Last time he called me was when I was campaigning the MEC to put the contract out for vote early last September. Danny called and asked me to STFU and just trust them because I was "undermining their control of the pilot group". Guess I just need to STFU, I'm making them look bad again. Guess the truth hurts.

If4f out.

Is your Mother proud of you? Just wondering.

If4f out.

Were you in a fraternity in college?

Last edited:

If4f out.
Come on, man, don't you think this is a little bit too much? Accusing NT of having a "slush fund?"

Well one reason we might need some new blood is. It's been four months since we TA'd the contract and we still don't have a paper copy of the CONTRACT! WTF! How long does it take! There is absolutely NO reason on God's green earth why we don't have a paper copy of the CONTRACT!

701EV
Perception Is Reality

Last edited:
Well one reason we might need some new blood is. It's been four months since we TA'd the contract and we still don't have a paper copy of the CONTRACT! WTF! How long does it take! There is absolutely NO reason on God's green earth why we don't have a paper copy of the CONTRACT!

You have a paper copy of your contract, you got one before the road show. You also have a digital copy of the contract... the link was in almost every weekly email from the union.

If you lost your road show copy, you could have gone to the union office or called a rep and they would have gotten you another copy.

It's my understanding the contracts have been printed and are in the mail... the goal was to have a document with no errors. Since all changes have to be run by lawyers on each side, it took time.

Latest resources

Back