• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA MEC re-elects same officers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1. That still doesn't address the fact that the "majority" may make bad decisions....Just because the majority says to jump...doesn't mean it is a good idea to jump....
Agreed, but democracy (or rather Representative democracy) is still the best system. It has its faults, but nothing better is available. Unless you have a suggestion rather than your usual whining?
2. I would dispute whether or not the "rights" of the minority are truly protected within ALPA....The ASA pilots flying in theory could be taken away tomorrow if the Delta pilots decided to take back all flying.....I assume you are talking about the ALPA C&BLs when talk about protection....What there protects ASA in terms of the Delta MEC unilaterally changing the Delta scope language at the harm of ASA?
The regional pilots have enough seats on the BOD and EB to stop this sort of thing from happening. That's why the ALPA C & BLs contain these kinds of checks and balances.

Agreed, but democracy (or rather Representative democracy) is still the best system. It has its faults, but nothing better is available. Unless you have a suggestion rather than your usual whining? The regional pilots have enough seats on the BOD and EB to stop this sort of thing from happening. That's why the ALPA C & BLs contain these kinds of checks and balances.

I am not sure that the regional pilots have reached that position, yet. It still does not guarantee that the majority will do the right thing.

I am not sure that the regional pilots have reached that position, yet. It still does not guarantee that the majority will do the right thing.
There are never any 100% guarantees. You simply try to design the system in a way that prevents the overwhelming majority of abuses. I think ALPA has done a pretty good job with that. Is it perfect? Certainly not. But it's about as good a system as can be designed.

Agreed, but democracy (or rather Representative democracy) is still the best system. It has its faults, but nothing better is available.

How about a Constitutional Republic? Rule of law sounds much better to me than rule of man.

You campaigned hard for this group.....Why the buyers remorse?

I campaigned for them mainly to prevent your "coalition" from getting in. I don't like the way the LEC has already changed the contract for selfish reasons and afraid of what they may do with PBS with DU and PD on that committee. One has only to look at our "fantasic" scheduling section to see what could happen.

No remorse but they have lost my support. That's why I think new, not recycled, leadership is needed. Won't happen though because no one else will run.

Hoser

How about a Constitutional Republic?
That's exactly what ALPA is. You elect the status reps which compose the BOD (Congress), who are governed by the Constitution & Bylaws. The EC and EB act as the judiciary.

Valid point.... our democracy system is the best out there so far....

One reason is the American revolution. It allowed us to shed 1000 years of "rule of man"... monarchies, dictatorships... etc... and start fresh...

One of the concerning issues during the revolution was "ruling from the grave".... The policies and laws of the dead sahll not be imposed upon the living...

Not sure about the French Rev.. with the beheadings and "The Directory".

So.. this revolution sounds like a good idea.... good for ALPA? Sounds great... let's do it....

However, will the Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin and Thomas Paine's amongst you please present a "Declaration of Independence, Common Sense, Bill of Rights and other documents so we can see that you've thought this 'ALPA revolution' through....

I don't care to jump out of the ALPA rubber raft and into open water... with or without cooler heads thinking....

Open water with sharks is not an alternative... no matter how desperate your ego is to shed ALPA.

And no.. there is nothing on the USAPA website that convinces me that thier rebellion is a valid revolution...

Anyone got a better game plan out there?

I don't think PD is going to put in PBS or any system that benefits just him! Thats a bit conspiratorial. Come on. The guy spends an inordinate amount of time volunteering to serve our pilots and helping to defend them or inform them on the contract and reg requirements.

I just don't thing he is out there scheming a system that benefits P at the expense of Hoser or any other pilot.

JMHO

I don't think PD is going to put in PBS or any system that benefits just him! Thats a bit conspiratorial. Come on. The guy spends an inordinate amount of time volunteering to serve our pilots and helping to defend them or inform them on the contract and reg requirements.

I just don't thing he is out there scheming a system that benefits P at the expense of Hoser or any other pilot.

JMHO

Don't be so naive. Been a problem for years.

Not naive, and I'm saying it doesn't happen. If all you guys are so peeved at how PD, DU, DN or anyone else are doing, step up and volunteer to work for the pilot group like these guys do.

PD is NOT in there doing it so he can make PD's schedule better. Simply ludicrous!

Latest resources

Back