• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA MEC Letter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm personally in favor of a paycut to keep everyone on the property. There are other things as well, I think could help reduce costs. I feel as a group we need to explore everything we can to keep everyone on the property--"protected" or not. Let's look out for our own, nobody else will. And this is coming from a "senior pilot." So GFY if you're one of those that are trying to create dissention in the Senior vs. Junior category.

Trojan

Agree 100%
Great post

I hope the overwhelming majority of pilots agree as well!

I appreciate the "heads up" and all especially in light of how they handled the DFW closure, but why NOT just publish the date.

Why cant they just say "If THIS doesn't happen by this date, we will have to furlough" If it does happen then we dont plan to furlough.

What is the trigger point whether we do or not?

They won't tell us a date because ALPA doesn't know, and CT knows but won't tell because he doesn't want people jumping ship to all those airlines that are hiring prior to the holiday rush being over.

They won't tell us a date because ALPA doesn't know, and CT knows but won't tell because he doesn't want people jumping ship to all those airlines that are hiring prior to the holiday rush being over.

Bingo. It's not ALPA's place to announce a furlough anyway. Even if they know (which I doubt it, they didn't know early about DFW or SLC) they would wait for the company to announce first.

I am sure if the company is planning on furloughing they would wait until after the holidays. No need to run anybody's holiday, especially since the all the pilots that would be on the hook would be working Christmas and New Year's... too easy to call in sick.

Brad and Chip met with Delta today, details I'm sure will start to emerge in the few weeks or so.

Latest resources

Back