ASA MEC Letter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Crash Pad

Hey guys we met with CT. Just want to remind everyone to be frugal this holiday season and into the new year.

Thanks for the heads up... Can you just tell us the furlough date rather than have me decode these messages?

It does kinda seem like they are trying to tell us to get ready for the possibility of a furlough...

Good on 'em, frankly. This is an ugly situation, I'd rather that intel be out in the open so that I can plan for the future, as much as one can.

Maybe I've missed it, but I've seen nothing concrete telling me that there is now a Roth 401k at ASA. I read the letter that said that we might get that option, but nothing solid.

Has that been officially announced anywhere?

Maybe I've missed it, but I've seen nothing concrete telling me that there is now a Roth 401k at ASA. I read the letter that said that we might get that option, but nothing solid.

Has that been officially announced anywhere?

No, it's just being explored hard. They stated in the announcement they are trying to get it here rapidly but it's not available yet.

Trojan

Let me start that I hope no one gets furloughed!

Correct me if I am wrong, but with the new contract, ASA could only furlough the last 180ish pilots who got hired after the contract was signed?

Let me start that I hope no one gets furloughed!

Correct me if I am wrong, but with the new contract, ASA could only furlough the last 180ish pilots who got hired after the contract was signed?

Unless ALPA gives them up for something the senior guys want.

Unless ALPA gives them up for something the senior guys want.

What is something that the "senior" guys want? And who are these "senior" guys?

From reading the letter, anybody 350 from the bottom and up could be construed as "senior". Senior enough to avoid the numbers the union is speaking about.

The only thing I have heard grumblings about are internet access in VPS!?!?!?! I hope we wouldn't sell anybody out for $5 internet.

I know HK is wishing for no cockroaches in CRW, but I think that may be an isolated event. Moot point, as HK wouldn't go for that anyway.

Last edited:
What is something that the "senior" guys want? And who are these "senior" guys?

From reading the letter, anybody 350 from the bottom and up could be construed as "senior". Senior enough to avoid the numbers the union is speaking about.

The only thing I have heard grumblings about are internet access in VPS!?!?!?! I hope we wouldn't sell anybody out for $5 internet.

I know HK is wishing for no cockroaches in CRW, but I think that may be an isolated event. Moot point, as HK wouldn't go for that anyway.

I'm personally in favor of a paycut to keep everyone on the property. There are other things as well, I think could help reduce costs. I feel as a group we need to explore everything we can to keep everyone on the property--"protected" or not. Let's look out for our own, nobody else will. And this is coming from a "senior pilot." So GFY if you're one of those that are trying to create dissention in the Senior vs. Junior category.

Trojan

Latest resources

Back