• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA MEC draws a line in the sand

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bottom Line= stand still. Pilots are too arrogant and egotastic to give in to any other side, whether it's mgt, or the other pilot group. At this point in the game, it is all about pride, and a change in opinion might be perceived as weakness. Children. Thank you unions for the demise of the American civilization.

Capitalism will find a way and it looks like this management has found a way to move forward without the one party who is not willing to negotiate in good faith, or just negotiate, period.

The company likes smartpref because they never like what's good for the pilots.

The lesson you shouldve learned by now is if its what the company wants, it's bad for us. We voted for prefbid outside of a cba knowing if we didn't like it we could vote it out of the next contract. The fact we want to keep it shows its a good system. At the least we would go for your line bidding, but smartpref is being used by the company to deceive the lxjt mec into thinking they have some say...yes they work that way.

And don't pull the lasa kool aid talk. We have never taken a carrot or voted for concessions, even when it meant losing airplanes or furloughs.

Prefbid is the best PBS system period, even dal and swa have shown interest in our system.

The only good thing there would be about getting smartpref is when you see your schedule we will be able to say " we told you so".

I don't even know where to begin on this. The company didn't even know this product existed. Delta has not shown and interest in your system. It's the same freaking system.....it's a pairing sorter. Nothing more. Which is fine when you have high productivity pairings and impliment the proper restrictions such as narrow credit windows.
Just because the company wants something doesn't mean its bad if the pilots design it. So enjoy whats left of flightline. Thats going to be funny to watch.

Calm down Francis. We have a LONG way to go still. This is one of 100 "maneuvers" MGMT will pull to affect change.

The sky will be falling next week

BTW McPickle. Why is this "funny" to you? I never met an ASA pilot that wished any ill will upon XJET pilots. Just the 6 on this message board. Are you one of the 6 XJET pilots in the same category? I guess so.

Last edited:
I'll admit, I didn't care for PBS when it came onto the property. Now, line bidding Nd some antiquated swap/drop window sounds like garbage, as does a globalization type of PBS. I hear nothing but negatives from those who use that type of system. Everyone from junior to senior here have only good things to say about our PBS.

The xjet MEC need to realize we have a great system that works. It's a known quantity. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. This is something I support the ASA MEC on. And I don't often think they have represented us that well in the past.

Deal! Keep flightline. We've never once...NOT ONCE tried taking it from you. So why is your MEC trying to force a system on us that is going to be dramatically changed from what it is now? Keep your system. Dual systems have been offered by us and the company. So why is your side trying to force our side to take it? There is a viable alternative here and your side refuses to engage because they are affraid of losing control of the union after the merger.

PS. Why don't the mecs road show both systems in ALL domiciles, then let the pilots make a true comparison to choose from? The lasa mec showed interest in this, lxjt mec did not. Why?

I have long sits at ORD 7 & 21 am. I'll be on prefbid if any are interested.

DONE! Where do we sign up...because we've been asking for that for over a year and your side wouldn't allow it.

I really hope you folks can start to see the truth here because we're all being hurt by this failed merger.

Last edited:
Calm down Francis. We have a LONG way to go still. This is one of 100 "maneuvers" MGMT will pull to affect change.

The sky will be falling next week

BTW McPickle. Why is this "funny" to you? I never met an ASA pilot that wished any ill will upon XJET pilots. Just the 6 on this message board. Are you one of the 6 XJET pilots in the same category? I guess so.

If you had suffered the personal attacks that I have over the last 2 years you'd be a bit jaded too. I find it ammusing that so many people are experts when they really know very little of the true story. I wish no ill will however I'm fed up with the lies and personal attacks.

Any PBS is a concession, wile you might gain a minimal amount of control in scheduling your month, you will lose far more in daily operations. BH and his minions want to be able to control your monthly schedule from behind the curtain. Unless you retain control of the pairings and running of the solution you will lose BIG. Pilots love to think they are smart, but in reality management has been stealing your lunch money for the last decade+. Keep it simple, if they want it, ask why?

You are exactly right on this one!!

AND the company does not want flightline because it DOES NOT provide the cost savings that PBS is supposed to provide. J in JCBA is Joint, not ASA way or bust.. XJT has come off line bidding only and looking into pbs, but the ASA guys have got to meet everybody in the middle. The ASA MEC effectively is out to lunch and has hung their group out to dry.

Do you guys do hard lines? I have ben junior and senior under PBS and Hard lines and PBS wins hands down.

The reason the XJT MEC wants a globalized PBS system is because it marginalizes seniority. They know full well that the seniority list will not go 100% relative
and will be influenced by longevity. That means XJT pilots are sliding down, so they are trying to put a system in place that does not honor seniority.

Having lived with both, our PBS is hands down better than our old line bidding. We should be working on capturing the control of pairing construction and post award modifications.

Just as the ASA MEC chose flight line, the XJT MEC has done the same with smartpref. Who is to say that smartpref won't be liked by the pilots as much or more as flight line is by the ASA pilots?

The ASA mec didn't choose prefbid. They did road shows and we voted on it fully informed.

Latest resources

Back