• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA may get CR9's?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To add to it, why would BM ,the guy who deals with this stuff, put the email out on a Sunday afternoon and holiday weekend?

Something is wierd.

Medeco

Wow, this is strange. Here's some long awaited good news, perhaps? I'll believe something is going on with the 900's when one shows up on our ramp with an ASA logo on it.

Well, I'm flying on cloud nine, for the time being. I've got a trip tomorrow for downgrade training on the 50. However, now that there will be 9 people junior to me on the 70 seater, looks like I will get to retain my Capt. pay for the time being- with a slight pay increase for the 70. Looks like I'll be flying right seat in the 50 while I make cash money as a Captain on the 70. Who knows what's going on, but all I know is, I'm not as irritated and disgusted as I was a few hours ago.

I don't want to grow at someone else's expense, except for Mesa- no guilt there.

Hey maybe we got an RFP with the NOAA and we are going to be flying the ATR's into hurricanes! Thats probably more likely than us at ASA getting any new planes!

I'm pretty sure 79%N1 will be along any time now to spread doom and gloom on this! ;) . I immediately thought the same thing, but perhaps enough folks took Coma? Or early retirement? A longshot I know, just trying to play devil's advocate.

Trojan

Hey....wait!

Why did I get the bad rap of doom and gloom????
I just usually call it like I see it. Maybe I'm like a dog thats been kicked too much, but....I'm usually right on the money!
icon6.gif

Anyhoo...........Like usual, I would love to see something good happen around here! Like I said, the kumbyah around here will not last long if the hard work and extra efforts never pay off, and ASA pilots keep watching pilots at other company's keep benefitting while we stagnate and lose out. That said, I still don't see it happening. I am just too suspicious that being under Skywests iron fist, they will reap any new aircraft and keep shutting ASA out. Have we gotten any growth since Skywest bought ASA?

But anyway.......GO ASA!!!!
icon12.gif

Laughing
Racer, maybe they will stop using C 130's and they will hire our crews for hurricane hunting. Ya ya that's the ticket

I'm pretty sure 79%N1 will be along any time now to spread doom and gloom on this! ;) . I immediately thought the same thing, but perhaps enough folks took Coma? Or early retirement? A longshot I know, just trying to play devil's advocate.

Trojan

Delta doesn't want some glorified Skywest airline flying their pride and joy 900's, when they can let some carrier like Peanuckle fly them for a 50 seat rate? I think the cancellation is due to the fact that the company has messed up the displacements so bad from the begining. We are shrinking folks. If you think Jerry will ever let his lemmings lose an airframe with a growth opportunity at ASA you are sorely mistaken. If I'm not mistaken, they still have an ATL base.

Hey....wait!

Why did I get the bad rap of doom and gloom????
I just usually call it like I see it. Maybe I'm like a dog thats been kicked too much, but....I'm usually right on the money!
icon6.gif

Anyhoo...........Like usual, I would love to see something good happen around here! Like I said, the kumbyah around here will not last long if the hard work and extra efforts never pay off, and ASA pilots keep watching pilots at other company's keep benefitting while we stagnate and lose out. That said, I still don't see it happening. I am just too suspicious that being under Skywests iron fist, they will reap any new aircraft and keep shutting ASA out. Have we gotten any growth since Skywest bought ASA?

But anyway.......GO ASA!!!!
icon12.gif

ASA must grow at some point or costs continue to rise. When, who knows? Things are a little different than they used to be around the ASA ranch. We don't have a retard running the place like we did a year ago, for starters. Costs are getting aligned, unfortunately, right now, ASA is having to spend money to save money. As costs align, growth will happen.

Still doesn't give you an exemption from being the doom and gloomer, 79%. Just a little FI jabbin'. ;)

Trojan

Delta doesn't want some glorified Skywest airline flying their pride and joy 900's, when they can let some carrier like Peanuckle fly them for a 50 seat rate? I think the cancellation is due to the fact that the company has messed up the displacements so bad from the begining. We are shrinking folks. If you think Jerry will ever let his lemmings lose an airframe with a growth opportunity at ASA you are sorely mistaken. If I'm not mistaken, they still have an ATL base.

Moroni Dirtbag moves into 79%'s place for being the doom and gloomer. We are shrinking on PAPER so far. But so is the industry Moroni. Belts are tightening, as we ALL knew the Fall is gonna be tough for the Airlines. Are you surprised at the fall schedule?

Trojan

Yup, we are down three airplanes. Two 50's and a 70, wasn't it? :angryfire

Seriously, though, we are flying less, but at the moment, we are not shrinking.

Latest resources

Back