• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did someone say
SHRINKAGE..
Oh, phew.. not that type.. OMG!!!
:smash:

Something has to be up though- it makes no sense to up and cancel a displacement bid, especially when some of the displaced 50 seat Captains will now be making 700 pay. I guess we will see what is happening over the next couple of days. My gut says we are going to get some interesting news on Tuesday.

Oh yea, and someone was asking what it was all about regarding 700 to 900 qualifications. A friend that just upgraded in the last 700 class (while the 900 Program was in the works) was informed that all that is needed is a company published hand out with revised speeds.

I forgot about the captains getting paid 70 seat pay deal in all of this. That just makes it more so that something is up.

hopefully good news.

I forgot about the captains getting paid 70 seat pay deal in all of this. That just makes it more so that something is up.

hopefully good news.

Haha- yea. The IP I'll be flying with tomorrow is gonna' be getting a lot of questions. He's probably as in the dark as the rest of us though.

It would be pretty gutsy to place CRJ-900's at the feet of a possible competitor, if the DOJ were to deny the merger, I mean. I don't see Delta mingling the two feeder systems togeather until Uncle Sam says "OK" to the merger. I believe someone has said that December is the expected time of approval.

Something has to be up though- it makes no sense to up and cancel a displacement bid, especially when some of the displaced 50 seat Captains will now be making 700 pay. I guess we will see what is happening over the next couple of days. My gut says we are going to get some interesting news on Tuesday.

Not to bring every one down but the only reason why this bid was CNX because all of the CR7 Capt could not swap trips on SKED+ if you look at the restricted days every fri thru mon were restricted because of low reserve coverage. I do think its a little strange that its what like 15+ Capt that get to stay on the 700.

Maybe a long shot but CR7 displacements were canceled today. Sounds like something fishy is going on to me. All the Crj-700 guys have to do to fly the 900 is watch a video or something? Thats why you didnt see the Crj-200 displacments canceled. Just food for thought......

The only thing I can think of, worst case scenario, is that there is a possibility we are getting some of the 900s. And rather than let all these displacements become final, they cancel the downgrades and pay them for another month until they're sure. This was the last day prior to the effective date, what happens procedurely when these Captains downgrade and have to come back, more training, ie more money?

But seeing how Jerry normally does business, my bet is they're pretty sure something is coming our way. I guess it's a good week to have recurrent...

Latest resources

Back