ASA laying the smack down on pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here are a couple of interesting links regarding punitive sick policies:

http://www.teamster.org/content/punitive-attendance-policies-regional-air-carriers

http://www.buffalonews.com/2009/09/05/786380/colgan-pilots-say-many-felt-pressure.html

http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/new...sRaisedBeforeCongressionalPanel_201201-1.html

The following is a quote from John Prater (ALPA) to the Subcommittee on Aviation:

"To underscore the final conclusion, we would note with some irony that the media has recently reported on the onerous sick leave and fatigue policies at Colgan Airlines, Pinnacle Airlines and their parent company Pinnacle Corporation. Despite the NTSB hearings earlier this year which confirmed Colgan’s adverse behavior in this regard, our members confirm that those companies continue to take a hard line with pilots who call in too sick or too fatigued to fly. In fact, approximately one-third of Pinnacle pilots are reprimanded for sick leave and fatigue-related absences annually. This demonstrates the fallacies in Colgan and Pinnacle staffing and scheduling practices and shows how archaic flight/duty regulations are which allow these unsafe practices to exist. Mainline management often refuses to intervene with the onerous practices of these so-called private vendors, despite the fact that they book their passengers on them and have their liveries painted on the regional airline’s aircraft."

You told us about him a couple of years ago and we didn't listen. You were right.

ASA mgmt was SO bad he seemed like a good thing. He is good at his job.
He is very good and has first cabin council:
http://www.fordharrison.com/
He will take your contract, find ANY chink in your armor and drive a wedge into your wallet. Thank God he is your problem now! If you don't hate PBS now, wait, its Brads baby, and you will hate it soon enough.
PBR

I definitely see that the ATL RSVs are getting the beat down. But us IAD guys, especially the ones that commute to reserve, are begging for flighttime and just not getting it.

IMO, the company will continue refusing to mitigate the problem until our block hrs increase. They are saving ALOT of money by keeping line values low, red arrowing the heck out of the month, and having reserves fly the open-time. Basically capping the amount of flying the more expensive senior pilots can do and letting cheaper junior reserves fly more.

I doubt they will increase line values until nearly all reserves meet or exceed 75 hrs. I heard one of Brad's pet peeves are under utilized reserves. Pay them 75 so fly them 75 I guess.

You talking about current ACP RC?

In the April Seniority Report it stated 7 resignations
You are starting to get it now. Brad hates/loves reserves, he hates the thought of a pilot at home watching Oprah on the companies dime, but loves the thought of working the same pilot right to 74.99 hrs and then letting him/her sit. When you couple the flexibility of a pilot who has literally no work rules and the ability to be used from 74.99hrs to 100.00 hrs a month, he gets a major chub. He developed the program on non-union SKYW and will perfect it on ALPA ASA. He will pit the senior guys against the junior, Capts against F/Os, lineholders against reserves and ultimately throw the mechanics, F/As, and the guy who dumps the garbage at Popeyes into the mix too. Divide and conquer, F&H specialty, ask me how I know? Been there and experienced it first hand. If you do not get a ALPA war party together you will be caught flat footed and get boned royally(just like we did).
Good luck(it wont help against $1000.00 hr attnys)
PBR

Last edited:
Why do we have Bubba and Hillbilly Joe across the table from Ford and Harrison? I've always wondered why we don't have professional negotiators and attorneys across the table.

Why do we have Bubba and Hillbilly Joe across the table from Ford and Harrison? I've always wondered why we don't have professional negotiators and attorneys across the table.

The ALPA attorneys may take exception to the name of Bubba and Hillbilly Joe.

You are starting to get it now. Brad hates/loves reserves, he hates the thought of a pilot at home watching Oprah on the companies dime, but loves the thought of working the same pilot right to 74.99 hrs and then letting him/her sit. When you couple the flexibility of a pilot who has literally no work rules and the ability to be used from 74.99hrs to 100.00 hrs a month, he gets a major chub. He developed the program on non-union SKYW and will perfect it on ALPA ASA. He will pit the senior guys against the junior, Capts against F/Os, lineholders against reserves and ultimately throw the mechanics, F/As, and the guy who dumps the garbage at Popeyes into the mix too. Divide and conquer, F&H specialty, ask me how I know? Been there and experienced it first hand. If you do not get a ALPA war party together you will be caught flat footed and get boned royally(just like we did).
Good luck(it wont help against $1000.00 hr attnys)
PBR

I thought things at Skywest were peachy..??

I thought things at Skywest were peachy..??
If you have read more than one of my posts, you would take note that the kool aid had not hit my mug. In fact I have used my mug to club kool aid drinkers heads. SKYW ain't Messa, but the gap is closing thanks to Chip Away.
PBR

If you have read more than one of my posts, you would take note that the kool aid had not hit my mug. In fact I have used my mug to club kool aid drinkers heads. SKYW ain't Messa, but the gap is closing thanks to Chip Away.
PBR

Your company has about a billion dollars in the bank, major airline status. Yet, you still make poverty wages same as the rest of us regional pilots who's companies have a couple of million in the bank on a good month. That's what I call either a pilot group drowned in that sweet sweet Western sunshine koolaide or a pilot group with no balls. Get a union and get something you guys deserve so the rest of us that work for companies with no billion dollars can actually look up to.

Your company has about a billion dollars in the bank, major airline status. Yet, you still make poverty wages same as the rest of us regional pilots who's companies have a couple of million in the bank on a good month. That's what I call either a pilot group drowned in that sweet sweet Western sunshine koolaide or a pilot group with no balls. Get a union and get something you guys deserve so the rest of us that work for companies with no billion dollars can actually look up to.

And then there's this guy...

Latest resources

Back