Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Abernathy

Truthiness
What's with the sudden smackdown on pilots with sick calls or basically anything else? All of a sudden people are getting Section 19B hearings for just about anything (sick calls, hats, shoes). I know a few guys personally who have gotten letters for hearings on sick calls, and not all of them have an appalling number of sick calls.

If they're so short maybe they need to raise line values and increase reserve staffing. Bullying the pilot group hasn't helped in the past, IIRC.

All these ooey gooey "Kumbayah" e-mails from the company don't really mean much if they aren't backed by anything.

"Thanks for everything you do! Now eat ****!"

And for anyone who says "it's great here, compared to Mesa"...that really isn't an achievement. That's like saying, "well, it doesn't taste like fecal matter but I can swallow it." Also, if you are not on reserve, you don't have the right to criticize those of us who are for complaining on the recent staffing situation. Some of us have been working every single day on reserve, with several 9 hours overnights in cities with 20+ min van rides, and still making min-guarantee.

Last edited:
Ya it does seem to be getting nasty here lately. Lotta RES guys broke 75 hrs this month too. Plus they are still handing out TDY like candy. Can't wait till May-Aug....

Actually ASA's attendance policy is written out very specifically detailing absences and discipline. You can't get a 19b unless your absences meet the criteria. If a lot of pilots are getting hearings for attendence, it's because they're absent the amount listed on their hearing letter.

For reference, only a verbal warning is given for 3 in 6 months or 4 in 12 months. You have to get 5 in 12 to earn yourself your first 19b.

Actually ASA's attendance policy is written out very specifically detailing absences and discipline. You can't get a 19b unless your absences meet the criteria. If a lot of pilots are getting hearings for attendence, it's because they're absent the amount listed on their hearing letter.

For reference, only a verbal warning is given for 3 in 6 months or 4 in 12 months. You have to get 5 in 12 to earn yourself your first 19b.

5 in 12 is not all that excessive. I got sick several times this year, some during my off days so I didn't have to call in, for bugs I probably picked up at work. FMLA is not as easy or cheap to get as one may think.

You know what else is written out very, very specifically? The policy for maintenance write-ups.

5 in 12 is not all that excessive. I got sick several times this year, some during my off days so I didn't have to call in, for bugs I probably picked up at work. FMLA is not as easy or cheap to get as one may think.

You know what else is written out very, very specifically? The policy for maintenance write-ups.

So you're going to change the way you operate on the job because the CPO is enforcing the rules?

So you're going to change the way you operate on the job because the CPO is enforcing the rules?

This toolbag is the reason we are doomed... We used to have a great pilot group-formed by normal folk. Now-these type idiots comprise @82% of our number-guys like this are all about "playing ball" (As noted from our PBS vote)-

-Eventually they will figure out that the ballfield is entirely contained within the void surrounded by their own sphincter muscle.

-Considering this perspective-PBS could well be characterized as a true Home Run!

Latest resources

Back