• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA laying the smack down on pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ASA has a legal right to expect an employee to be dependable and reliable in showing up for work--pilot, flight attendant, or any employee. Otherwise, they could not run a business that depends on performance and reliability.

Last edited:
wish I worked there... would bring a Fed with me to meeting - nothing like breaking FAR's when it comes to flying not sick.... you ASA guys need to standup and grow a pair... sounds like Colgan all over again - pressure to fly when sick... the Feds and local newspapers would LOVE to hear about it....

You guys talking about the one with the flava saver? Help us if he gets in there. That guy has two mouths under that rug. One for management and one for us.

Staffing wise it looks like the reserves are being brutalized in ATL. Couple guys that got TDYed up to IAD this weekend were at 91+ credit hrs. The IAD based reserves haven't been flying much overall.

As far as BS's replacement, I hope its KS or FM. Thats all Im gunna say.

BS taking over as the head of the Safety department? Interesting... where is the current head of Safety going? Somewhere in SE Asia perhaps?

Indirectly, this does kinda clarify the pecking order over at the ole' Eastern building...

Surprise surprise, something is getting blown out of proportion on FI..:rolleyes: If you're sick, you're sick, nothing is going to happen to you. If you're using sick calls to go to the Georgia game this fall (go dawgs you redneck frat boy), and you reach 5 occurrences, you can expect to have to explain yourself.

As for reserves getting 'brutalized' flying all of 76 whole hours in one whole month (and the cmf's flying 85+), shamwow! Life must be terrible! But as I've been saying all along, the way to run the company is to run the lines at 75-80 hours and have reserves flying up to guarantee. Sounds like we're doing that. Next step, lines at 90+ hours and reserves flying over guarantee. Throw in some extensions and ASA will be recalling. If anything you should be happy this is happening, it means we're closer and closer to bringing some guys back and, god forbid, running an upgrade class. Oh wait, PBS is around the corner....never mind.

Let me correct you on one thing. It is faaar different to fly your 80-85 hour with 14,15 days off doing your 4 trips than it is to fly 75-80 hours on reserve, with 11 days off - being called to the airport 8 or more times a month at 4 or 6 am. If you don't agree with that then you are dilusional and I suggest you give me your line and try it! Reserves go back and forth to the airport, get shorter overnights or the minimum time at home, with a 4 am call to come back out the next day over and over. I have done both. There is no comparison!

Latest resources

Back