• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA laying the smack down on pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A CP told me last year that they had a few people call in sick 15-20 times in one year and they sent the order for termination to the G.O. but after a few days the company lawyer called them back and told them no dice. The CP's were ticked and said they could not do anything about it. Guess the company lawyers new they would not win a law suite! And anyone on the 50 knows a certain female captain that only works about one trip a month if that and is still here. Wish she would just leave if she does not want to work here.

Let me correct you on one thing. It is faaar different to fly your 80-85 hour with 14,15 days off doing your 4 trips than it is to fly 75-80 hours on reserve, with 11 days off - being called to the airport 8 or more times a month at 4 or 6 am. If you don't agree with that then you are dilusional and I suggest you give me your line and try it! Reserves go back and forth to the airport, get shorter overnights or the minimum time at home, with a 4 am call to come back out the next day over and over. I have done both. There is no comparison!

I never implied it was the same.

Now I see why pilots leave the line and go hide-out in the training department or chief pilot's office. They avoid all the day to day mood swings and pitfalls of the flight line environment. Then they can make decisions and write policy about a world they are largely disconnected from. Their idea of "how it is on the line" is obtained from some fat senior bigmouth in the crew lounge who has 17 days off per month.

How ironic, they get their precious PBS passed and then turn on the A-Hole machine toward the pilot group. We can play this game too, and there are more of us! Unspoken, coordinated action is extremely effective when dealing with these management dweebs. No more friendly banter with them. They can kiss my ass.

not only that but isn't there some kind of "sock" on the packs that always really moldy and they never change them? If i'm breathing in mold and mildew all day what do you expect to happen?

not only that but isn't there some kind of "sock" on the packs that always really moldy and they never change them? If i'm breathing in mold and mildew all day what do you expect to happen?

SLUF4 you are so right! You know it as soon as you get on the plane. 5 mins after sitting their, you start sneezing and your nose is running like a ramper going for the bus!

Change the socks!

Oh and I don't fly sick or fatigued!

A CP told me last year that they had a few people call in sick 15-20 times in one year and they sent the order for termination to the G.O. but after a few days the company lawyer called them back and told them no dice. The CP's were ticked and said they could not do anything about it. Guess the company lawyers new they would not win a law suite! And anyone on the 50 knows a certain female captain that only works about one trip a month if that and is still here. Wish she would just leave if she does not want to work here.

As long is that person is still employed here, then the rest of us are safe. The policy has to have uniform enforcement or otherwise discipline will not hold up.

Latest resources

Back