Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA jet makes emergency Landing with gear up!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It was an ASA tail number 200... not a former OH bird. Looks like the left main might have partially extended but not fully, or collapsed on touchdown.

When we taxiied by the people eater had already come out and taken all the pax and such away but the trucks were still out there. They were about 50 feet off to the left of 27R with all the hatches open.

Great job to the crew, and I hope they are sleeping well tonight after a few cold ones.

Which Tail Number?

What tail number was it? I don't suppose it's "Slider," the special Atlanta, landfill, anthill plane that slid in 6 or 7 years ago?

ASA does get credit for completing the flight, A14 not too sure about. They did indeed know that it was a problem before touchdown. A call was sent out by company to "go team" members after the first attempt at landing, this was while the aircraft was still circling or being vectored to approach.
Job well done. The big question is what would Sully have done?

Sully would have peed his pants and gone screaming into the night!

someone had a really bad night, we taxied past it and the ADG was out... looks like more than gear.

With no landing gear the airplane probably just thought it was in the air, and when they turned off the engines and APU after landing, tadaa!

I was working yesterday and our A/C was visited by MTC and I was told by line MTC the A/C involved was in the hanger 2 days prior for an uplock either being replaced or adjusted the mechanic wasn't sure... just passing on the info. Great job to the crew.

Then that would be the same cause as the left gear up landing in PHL of a AWAC CRJ 200. Aparently that bracket can not be seen visually while putting the pins in. If the mechanics don't swing the gear quite a few times they may not realise a problems with instalation until it's airborne. Then it's too late.

It's so early in the investigation... I'm sure they will find out the cause just found it odd that it took 2 days for the problem to happen.

Latest resources

Back