• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA JCBA: Longterm reserve pilot relief provision

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
XJet has been losing money. Jerry didn't buy a losing proposition. He bought a company that he can turn around by combining operations, and firing a lot of management that makes more than their comparative position at ASA.

Since Delta "helped us out" by readjusting what they pay us per block hour flown, we are losing money also. The idea is exactly as stated above- grab an airline and it's revenue stream, but without the cost of it's management and operational structure. Roll both airlines into one nice package, and we should be profitable again. This is the reason behind the push for speed of aquisition.

I think every Union rep should have to sit reserve a few times a year.

And I agree that the company should not be able to move off days around. The fact that it is allowed to happen is pretty nasty.

Last edited:
I think every Union rep should have to sit reserve a few times a year.

And I agree that the company should not be able to move off days around. The fact that it is allowed to happen is pretty nasty.
I like that a lot, union members must fly reserve in the summer at least once.
Then again we have MEC members that have not even flown in years, that is crazy.

We have a ton of middle of the pack line holders who have not been on reserve at all or more than 3 months.

To the idiot who says if it doesn't affect me I don't care (palm), you are a fool. God forbid one day we become a Comair and you have yourself on reserve again.

All days off should be GDo's with money on top of MMG if they are moved for any reason.

Make MMG higher for Reserve by 5 hrs.

With regard to the JCBA, do not forget that this company does not realize the true benefits of a combined company until it is fully merged, giving the pilot group the upperhand In negotiating a new contract.

Do not cave on anything that has no real cost to the company.

I don't have any problem with every pilot doing 1 month of RSV in a calendar year.

I don't have any problem with every pilot doing 1 month of RSV in a calendar year.

Hell NO! Many of us did our time on reserve under FAR WORSE conditions than current reserves....I am growing tired of the whining from people who have no idea what it used to be like and want to force senior people to sit reserve...That will start a war I doubt they really want to start!

I have no doubt my opinion is the minority so you can chill.

9yrs my friend, more than half on reserve. I've been around Long enough to know both sides.

I am in no way trying to minimize the seniority system, I am a believer in walking in others shoes to keep a balanced point of view.

Since Delta "helped us out" by readjusting what they pay us per block hour flown, we are losing money also. The idea is exactly as stated above- grab an airline and it's revenue stream, but without the cost of it's management and operational structure. Roll both airlines into one nice package, and we should be profitable again. This is the reason behind the push for speed of aquisition.

You really believe this "we are now unprofitable" load? Do you really think Jerry is that stupid? He obviously has just the right number of gullible people working here to use that ploy to wring every single penny of profit from us he can.

-There is no way we are or ever have lost money, even after mainline "adjustment."

Hell NO! Many of us did our time on reserve under FAR WORSE conditions than current reserves....I am growing tired of the whining from people who have no idea what it used to be like and want to force senior people to sit reserve...That will start a war I doubt they really want to start!

While I agree with you on your point (and I'm on reserve) I just want to ask you how long did you serve reserve? It's always the guys who scream 'it used to be worse when I did it', were the guys that never really did it. So it used to be worse, yea. But you guys did it for a month or two. I have been on reserve for 4 1/2 of my 8 years here, and it still sucks. So while I agree that you shouldn't sit a month of reserve every year, spare me the lecture.

While I agree with you on your point (and I'm on reserve) I just want to ask you how long did you serve reserve? It's always the guys who scream 'it used to be worse when I did it', were the guys that never really did it. So it used to be worse, yea. But you guys did it for a month or two. I have been on reserve for 4 1/2 of my 8 years here, and it still sucks. So while I agree that you shouldn't sit a month of reserve every year, spare me the lecture.

My gosh, did you get displaced to the left seat? Otherwise, bid back to the right seat and enjoy the 3 day trips or your choice of 4 days.

Latest resources

Back